Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Interviews Invite 2017

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea apperently we can call in today and find out our scores.

I guess tomorrow

Where did you hear this? They've already compiled the scores and told you we can call today?

Also, I thought I heard from a friend during my interview Sunday that U of T is increasing the class size this year by a couple seats, but I am not sure if this is true or was just a misunderstanding?

Where did you hear this? They've already compiled the scores and told you we can call today?

Also, I thought I heard from a friend during my interview Sunday that U of T is increasing the class size this year by a couple seats, but I am not sure if this is true or was just a misunderstanding?

A friend of mine whose in 3rd year dentistry told me they could call in the day after their interview to find out about their scores.

I'm not too sure about the number of seats!!

I called them today, they said to call next week to find out. Also the interviews are only worth 15% and there's no increase in class size if anyone's wondering.

thanks! in a previous forum someone stated 60% GPA, 10% DAT so I assumed that interview was worth 30% - but 15% .. much lower then I thought it would be. I'm guessing that DAT is worth much more like 25%? 

I called them today, they said to call next week to find out. Also the interviews are only worth 15% and there's no increase in class size if anyone's wondering.

So they're relying on academics even more now? That's strange considering every other school is moving towards a more holistic approach...

Could it be 60% GPA, 10% DAT, 15% interview, 15% personality test?

Side question: would it make sense that pre-interview rank is based on 60/70 (85%) GPA, 10/70 (15%) DAT?

I was told when I phoned admissions that the pre-interview rank was 90% GPA, 5% AA, 5% PAT (so 90% GPA/10% DAT)

The personality test measure the 5 following qualities, Conscientiousness, Openness, Agreeableness, Neuroticism, and Extraversion

Of these qualities, only Conscientiousness is some what correlated with dental school performance. Openness is very weakly correlated with only the third year of dental school. 

As a result, I wouldn't worry too much about the test, my guess is that they only look at the Conscientiousness quality to rule out people who perform extremely low in that area. 

Archived