Premed 101 Forums

Call Rooms

Are hospital call rooms generally shared between many people? I'm a really noisy sleeper, so I'm worried if I'm sleeping next to a bunch of other people that I'll keep them up all night...

No. Not that I've ever seen. (And I've seen a lot because they always show the call rooms on CaRMS hospital tours). They sometimes share bathrooms but the bed is in a separate, private room.

they are not usually shared - that would be odd. The quality of the rooms varies - the ones at Ottawa were pretty good in the normal pool. As rads we have our own call room away from the others that is close to the reading rooms. Those are pretty good. 

Not that I get to see them much ha....or at all. 

Some call rooms (particularly the clerk ones at Dal) mostly resemble the cells of monks (dark, windowless, down the hall from the morgue...). Others like at MUN are in a wing of the hostel where out-of-town patients and families stay. You definitely hear pagers going off...

Some call rooms (particularly the clerk ones at Dal) mostly resemble the cells of monks (dark, windowless, down the hall from the morgue...). Others like at MUN are in a wing of the hostel where out-of-town patients and families stay. You definitely hear pagers going off...

MUN call rooms are awesome at the HSC. It's like a hotel room. The place I did residency had much worse call rooms. By the end, I gave up on them and just slept on the OR lounge couch or in one of my staff's office (he had a futon which he let his residents use).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived