Premed 101 Forums

2017 Post Interview Thoughts

My interviewers were all super nice, so I felt really good walking out. As I look back, there is definitely stuff that I could have done a lot better. Starting to think that my initial reaction might not be very accurate...apparently this is a very common feeling for UofT though! 

Is anyone else feeling similarly right now?

I feel the same. I was so comfortable with the interviewers. But definitely second guessing how i answered. overanalyzing my interviewers expression now too this morning. but i feel as though people have a poor gauge of how they did especially in toronto. some people thought they did amazing and didnt get in and vice versa. we'll have to wait and be productive in the mean time (easier said than done lol).

Anyone else experience the interviewers actually providing feedback on how they did?

One of mine did, remarking that the response was very good and thorough, and that they liked a phrase I used that they haven't heard before, regarding the question. But then again, they could have said that to many interviewees. 

One of mine did, remarking that the response was very good and thorough, and that they liked a phrase I used that they haven't heard before, regarding the question. But then again, they could have said that to many interviewees. 

yeah try not to read too much into anything they say, their facial expressions.........once you have interviewed dozens of people (some of these people would have interviewed 100s by the time you are up to bat) you get a style of interviewing that is pretty consistent. For some that is to appear quite cold, others really friendly. Either way it doesn't affect your score. 

you can go crazy about this sort of stuff. Easy to do with nothing but the wait and all the second guessing. Still as others have pointed out that isn't useful and just causes a lot of stress. 

wow i didnt get any feed back like which probably means they dont just say it to anyone. 

any suggestions on how to make the wait go by ... may 9 is so long from now. 

or it was just those interviewers and they did it for everyone in their group. Nothing particularly special otherwise. They should probably try to standardize that. 

You don't know :) that is the point - you cannot read much from this. 

wow i didnt get any feed back like which probably means they dont just say it to anyone. 

any suggestions on how to make the wait go by ... may 9 is so long from now. 

The time will pass regardless. Do something that makes you happy and focus on making yourself a better person? Work out, pick up a new hobby, hang out with your friends, volunteer, do well in school. (It's ironic that i sit here and say that as I obsessively check the forums to see if more invites/regrets have been posted........)

• 4 weeks later...

Could anyone who has interviewed please give me an overview of what the schedule is like on interview day? On my invitation email it says that interview day lasts from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Am I required to be there throughout the entire day even if I'm in the afternoon round?

Still debating whether I should attend, and logistics on that day will help me arrive at a decision.

Could anyone who has interviewed please give me an overview of what the schedule is like on interview day? On my invitation email it says that interview day lasts from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Am I required to be there throughout the entire day even if I'm in the afternoon round?

Still debating whether I should attend, and logistics on that day will help me arrive at a decision.

If you are morning, you need to stay from 7:30AM-12:30PM and if you are afternoon, it's 12:30-5:30

Here's the site with information they provided to interviewees: http://www.uoftmedadmissions.com/schedule.html

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to post: but I was wondering what you need to bring with you on the interview date (other than the gov't photo ID)? Thanks a lot and gl to everyone!!!

Just your government-issued photo ID. They provide water bottles. If the weather is poor (rainy), you can bring a pair of alternative shoes to change into for the walking tour if your interview footwear would cause issues.

• 2 weeks later...

wow! after or before the interview?

It was before their interview. I was in the same time slot, and almost hopped on the elevator, but decided to wait for the next one! At first the elevator didn't move, and then the doors re-opened and the elevator was sinking a few inches, and a couple of guys jumped out. The door closed, and then everyone who was still in the elevator got stuck there for two hours!!! The interview staff had to call the fire department to get them out. The plan was to let those people interview during the last slot of the day (4pm), and I know some of them had an evening flight to catch afterwards. Absolute nightmare for them, though, and I narrowly dodged the bullet! 

Archived