Premed 101 Forums

Queens Interview Timing

Hey guys, apparently the whole interview process is supposed to last 3.5 hours, but they haven't sent out a follow-up email or anything about how long the actual interview itself is, so it's difficult to plan out when to attend the other activities planned out during the interview weekend. How long are the MMI and panel interviews each? And does the MMI consist of 7 stations? I'm aware of the confidentiality agreement, which is why I'm not asking for any specifics or anything, just how long the interview portions are so I can better plan out the day. Thanks in advance. 

When I interviewed at Queen's last year, the total time varied between candidates because not all of us had our panel interviews at the same time. Instead, we had to wait in a classroom to be called for our panel interview.

Not sure if the structure is the same this year, but the "3.5 hours" probably accounts for the worst possible scenario where you are the last person to complete your panel interview.

When I interviewed at Queen's last year, the total time varied between candidates because not all of us had our panel interviews at the same time. Instead, we had to wait in a classroom to be called for our panel interview.

Not sure if the structure is the same this year, but the "3.5 hours" probably accounts for the worst possible scenario where you are the last person to complete your panel interview.

thank you for the reply! how long were the mmi and panel portions btw? 

So based off of other posts, shouldn't this information have already been sent out to us? Interviews start tomorrow!!! Did I miss an email?

I don't think you missed an email. Even I didn't get anything. This is my second time interviewing at Queens, and last year, they sent us an interview information email 2 days before our actual interview to tell us about the type of stations, etc., but I don't know why they didn't this year. Maybe they are late in the process.

Regardless, my whole interview last year lasted for 1.5 hours. After the MMI, they walk you downstairs into a large lecture room, and one by one people get called for personal interviews. I got called in 10 minutes. This lasts for 20 minutes, and then you can ask questions. Hope this helps.

I don't think you missed an email. Even I didn't get anything. This is my second time interviewing at Queens, and last year, they sent us an interview information email 2 days before our actual interview to tell us about the type of stations, etc., but I don't know why they didn't this year. Maybe they are late in the process.

Regardless, my whole interview last year lasted for 1.5 hours. After the MMI, they walk you downstairs into a large lecture room, and one by one people get called for personal interviews. I got called in 10 minutes. This lasts for 20 minutes, and then you can ask questions. Hope this helps.

wow, im nervous just reading this, and im interviewing at the end of the month.

good luck!

thanks for the info! yeah I really wish they had sent out the email earlier. Just wondering, about how many questions did you prepare for the panel portion? 

thanks for the info! yeah I really wish they had sent out the email earlier. Just wondering, about how many questions did you prepare for the panel portion? 

Simply ask questions you truly want to know the answer to. I have 3 questions, but it would be nice to ask a program related question, and one personal question related to your needs (e.g., do I need a car for the first 2 years of the program?)

Archived