Premed 101 Forums

passed 15 CU (5-Courses) 1st term Fall-2016 with 3.3 GPA. But Unfortunately have to withdraw (within dead line) from 2nd full term Winter-2017 (15 cu-5 courses) due to family emergency.I know it will show grade W against these 5-courses on Transcript. What would be the effect of this full-term withdrawal when apply to MD program

passed 15 CU (5-Courses) 1st term Fall-2016 with 3.3 GPA. But Unfortunately have to withdraw (within dead line) from 2nd full term Winter-2017 (15 cu-5 courses) due to family emergency.I know it will show grade W against these 5-courses on Transcript. What would be the effect of this full-term withdrawal when apply to MD program

we were just talking about that: :)

http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/94393-first-year-withdrawing-all-subjects-in-my-second-semester/

Edited by rmorelan

Is any one had same situation like mine, where he has to withdraw the full term in any of his 4-years study due to valid reason ? How the medical school look into it? I am asking How withdrawal of one or two courses is consider different then withdrawal of a full term.

Is any one had same situation like mine, where he has to withdraw the full term in any of his 4-years study due to valid reason ? How the medical school look into it? I am asking How withdrawal of one or two courses is consider different then withdrawal of a full term.

the full term was discussed in that thread I posted above - it is often a bit easier explaining having to leave an entire term but you can explain both. The exact consequences aren't much different.