Premed 101 Forums

New Black Student Application Program (Bsap)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 5.98e24 said:

An article has been published by one of the individuals who had a voice in establishing BSAP: http://www.flare.com/news/black-physicians-in-canada/ 

Thoughts?

I am not at all surprised by her experiences. I also think that the program is a good idea. I am curious to see how many more Black students will be admitted and what tweaks they will make to BSAP for the 2019 cycle. Have any BSAP applicants been invited for an interview?

Don't BSAP applicants have to meet the same criteria as regular applicants? Perhaps the average GPA may be slightly different b/w BSAP and regular applicants, but overall, I think it's a great system to create diversity in our physicians, which can be so valuable to minority communities in our patient population. 

On 2/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, MomMDhopeful said:

I am not at all surprised by her experiences. I also think that the program is a good idea. I am curious to see how many more Black students will be admitted and what tweaks they will make to BSAP for the 2019 cycle. Have any BSAP applicants been invited for an interview?

I'm black and just received my interview recently. I have a 3.95 wGPA and I met all cut offs with various long term volunteering commitments (between 5-10 years). 

Archived