Premed 101 Forums

Post Interview Discussion

I had a very vivid dream today where I was rejected and letting everyone know. Was not fun..

Atleast I guess I kinda got practice in case of an actual rejection.

I had one like that too in April and it was so realistic! I woke up in bed freaking out, then checked my phone to "re-read" the rejection email, realized it was April, and just sat there confused for a good 5 minutes.

I think what'll suck the most is how do I tell everyone I didn't get in  :(

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope good news for all of us but if not, the sun will still rise the next day and we'll just be more competitive next year :) I got rejected before and the silver lining is I got to really experience things that I would not have had the chance to do had I gotten in right away. Always plenty of stuff to learn and live before the "real deal" begins!

Can anyone confirm rejections come out the same day as offers for Western?

I can't find a single rejection post in the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted thread for the past 2 years.

I've always been under the impression they come out the same day... but unless someone here personally knows someone who got a flat out rejection, I'm not so sure anymore.

I've been hearing through the grapevine that rejections are actually being sent out before May 9th this year for Western (not sure if this happened in previous years)... 

If that's the case, let's hope you don't receive an email from Schulich Medicine before the 9th! 

Can anyone confirm rejections come out the same day as offers for Western?

I can't find a single rejection post in the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted thread for the past 2 years.

I've always been under the impression they come out the same day... but unless someone here personally knows someone who got a flat out rejection, I'm not so sure anymore.

I've been hearing through the grapevine that rejections are actually being sent out before May 9th this year for Western (not sure if this happened in previous years)... 

If that's the case, let's hope you don't receive an email from Schulich Medicine before the 9th! 

Woah that is surprising... has this ever happened before? for any school, ever?

I know someone who got rejected last year (low-waitlist, "applicants in your position have not been offered an offer of admission in previous years" or something like that), and it was around the same time as acceptance letters, maybe just a bit after but that could just be the email server. Sending out rejections pre-May 9th would be devastating.

I know someone who got rejected last year (low-waitlist, "applicants in your position have not been offered an offer of admission in previous years" or something like that), and it was around the same time as acceptance letters, maybe just a bit after but that could just be the email server. Sending out rejections pre-May 9th would be devastating.

Like you said, that's generally considered a 'low-waitlist'. 

And I think most of the premed101 community assumes there to be a pool that is officially rejected without any form of waitlist?  

Correct me if I'm wrong?? 

Like you said, that's generally considered a 'low-waitlist'. 

And I think most of the premed101 community assumes there to be a pool that is officially rejected without any form of waitlist?  

Correct me if I'm wrong?? 

I think a low-waitlist rank is essentially a rejection. From what I understand, offers have never (or very rarely) went through the entire 'normal' waitlist.  

I think a low-waitlist rank is essentially a rejection. From what I understand, offers have never (or very rarely) went through the entire 'normal' waitlist.  

Yeah you're right, it is essentially considered a rejection. But does Western send out absolute rejections? (ie. Not placed on a waitlist; whether it be high, normal or low) 

Yeah you're right, it is essentially considered a rejection. But does Western send out absolute rejections? (ie. Not placed on a waitlist; whether it be high, normal or low) 

It was my impression that there are no absolute rejections (unless you don't meet the academic cutoffs) and that everyone who interviewed was put on one of the 3 waitlists. 

We've seen people in off the normal waitlist. It may be unlikely, but a normal waitlist could still mean an acceptance. From what I've seen, a low waitlist seems like a rejection. (Someone correct me if they know of someone who's gotten in off the low waitlist)

Lol I guess it's comforting to know that the probably of a straight up rejection is low, even though low/normal waitlist is likely a rejection

Atleast I can tell everyone I was "waitlisted" when I'm on the low waitlist.

I'm expecting a normal/low waitlist, but still holding on to a bit of hope for a high waitlist lol.

This question came up last year when I applied as well! No there doesn't seem to be a rejection letter, just low WL, which is pretty much a rejection (legend says only one man has ever climbed out of the depth and darkness that is the low WL, and his name is Bane). 

Also there are no early letters before May 9th. You all find out the same day, be it acceptance, "rejection", or purgatory. 

And yes, I'm going to triple post, but just to clarify in case it comes up later:

High WL: Historically guaranteed an acceptance. Every single person who has ever been on the HWL has been accepted, but around half of them get their second choice campus (Windsor)

Medium WL: Numbers estimate that it's a 30% shot to get in off the normal WL, and you're pretty much going to be in Windsor

Low WL: bye felicia

And yes, I'm going to triple post, but just to clarify in case it comes up later:

High WL: Historically guaranteed an acceptance. Every single person who has ever been on the HWL has been accepted, but around half of them get their second choice campus (Windsor)

Medium WL: Numbers estimate that it's a 30% shot to get in off the normal WL, and you're pretty much going to be in Windsor

Low WL: bye felicia

bye felicia hahahahahaha

Archived