Premed 101 Forums

Best Neighbourhoods To Live For Easy And Short Commute To Ubc Vfmp?

What is a manageable commute time that wont impinge too much on study time? Which neighbourhoods other than UBC lands, point grey, kits, west side of kerrisdale and marpole are less than an hour away from campus by bus? Is 2 hours a day (one each way) too much time? Do most students live in housing on campus?

Currently living wayyyyy too far out, so looking into neighbourhoods in the case I do get in this year.

I commuted to UBC from Burnaby every day in undergrad. I studied on the bus. You'd be surprised how much studying you can get done on the bus. Otherwise any place downtown or from East Vancouver can get to VGH within 10 minutes and UBC in 30-40 minutes.

I commuted to UBC from Burnaby every day in undergrad. I studied on the bus. You'd be surprised how much studying you can get done on the bus. Otherwise any place downtown or from East Vancouver can get to VGH within 10 minutes and UBC in 30-40 minutes.

I just wanna say for East Vancouver it really depends on where you are. If you can get on the 99 easily then it'll be within the time ranges that you quoted. However, if you have to take other busses (the 7 or 16 or 9) to transfer to broadway, then it can take up to 40 minutes longer because they aren't as consistent as the 99.

For instance, I took an hour to get to VGH because two busses were skipped, then 3 came at the same time. Do I sound bitter? Because I am  :angry: Just keep these delays in mind. 

Oh for sure. I meant as if you can directly hop on to the 99 or walk to it in a short amount of time. I wouldn't move to somewhere else for med school if it was going to be just as much of a hassle taking multiple buses.

My God it's been a long time since I've seen you post around here. I remember when you first posted you got into UBC med and now you're a resident (I was in my first year undergrad). Good for you, brother. I'm still trying to get in.

My God it's been a long time since I've seen you post around here. I remember when you first posted you got into UBC med and now you're a resident (I was in my first year undergrad). Good for you, brother. I'm still trying to get in.

Funny, same here. Most people who get into medicine move on from this forum. I met Mithril once in person too.

There was definitely a time when I was so jaded with medicine and med school that I didn't even want to pursue it anymore. But a preceptor late in 4th year re-inspired me, and now that I'm just a few months from finishing residency (and from passing my CCFP and LMCC2 exams) I wanted to come back to the forum and its community that were paramount to getting me here in the first place.

There was definitely a time when I was so jaded with medicine and med school that I didn't even want to pursue it anymore. But a preceptor late in 4th year re-inspired me, and now that I'm just a few months from finishing residency (and from passing my CCFP and LMCC2 exams) I wanted to come back to the forum and its community that were paramount to getting me here in the first place.

Send that preceptors name my way o.o

• 4 weeks later...

Archived