Premed 101 Forums

Cdat Feb 2017 Released

AA: 22

PAT: 21

RC: 18

MDT: 22

Do you guys think I have a shot at UofA? My GPA's 4.0 (essentially all A+) but I know that my DAT score only adds up to 61 since I did poorly on the Reading Comp...the MDT scaling also did not work as favourably as they did previous years (since so many schools now don't require it). 

AA: 22

PAT: 21

RC: 18

MDT: 22

Do you guys think I have a shot at UofA? My GPA's 4.0 (essentially all A+) but I know that my DAT score only adds up to 61 since I did poorly on the Reading Comp...the MDT scaling also did not work as favourably as they did previous years (since so many schools now don't require it). 

you will for sure get an interview. I know its not cheap and its really stressful, but you can consider rewriting in November since you have nothing to lose now. I was in a similar situation and decided to rewrite the November DAT and ended up increasing scores in all 3 sections. 

DATbootcamp over and over lol. Perceptual ability is a skill that anyone can learn, but it takes lots and lots of volume/repetition. I went from a 19 to 24. Feel free to PM me with any questions

+1 on DAT bootcamp. Literally worth the money just for the PAT portion alone. Found it to be the hardest and made me best prepared for all types of situations. Practice scores ranged from 20 to 24 and ended up with a 23 on real thing in November

Is 19 in RC good enough for interview at Western? Or is this below the cut-off :(

It will depend on your GPA but mostly ECs. I know several people who interviewed with an 18RC this year and had strong ECs and I also know someone with a 26RC that didn't get an interview because their ECs were sub-par. If you're applying for next cycle then make sure you have a variety of experiences and you'll be fine!

It will depend on your GPA but mostly ECs. I know several people who interviewed with an 18RC this year and had strong ECs and I also know someone with a 26RC that didn't get an interview because their ECs were sub-par. If you're applying for next cycle then make sure you have a variety of experiences and you'll be fine!

thank you!!!

AA:21 PAT:23 (used DAT Boot Camp) RC:19

My cGPA is 3.91 in 3rd year. Do you think I would have a chance at getting an interview at UofT or Western next year? Congrats to everyone else on their awesome scores  :)

I think you'll get an interview at UofT with current stats! As for western, apparently they are looking for more well-rounded applicants. I guess it really depends on your ECs and your best 2 years marks in %

Archived