Premed 101 Forums

Ip Waitlist Discussion 2017

Medapp2017

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've sent an email to the office of admissions, regarding prerequisites a few days ago. I've got an auto-reply which, among other things, contained this:

Message to MDCM candidates whose application was not selected after the March interviews: You will automatically receive an email with your rank after May 12th. Note that the post-interview reconsideration period is no longer open. We regret that no individual feedback meetings will be granted concerning the Fall 2017 cycle.

So I guess we are to expect answers around the 12th.

I've sent an email to the office of admissions, regarding prerequisites a few days ago. I've got an auto-reply which, among other things, contained this:

Message to MDCM candidates whose application was not selected after the March interviews: You will automatically receive an email with your rank after May 12th. Note that the post-interview reconsideration period is no longer open. We regret that no individual feedback meetings will be granted concerning the Fall 2017 cycle.

lol there was such a thing as "individual feedback meetings"???

thanks for sharing this though, this is helpful :) 

If you have any Qs about prereqs you can inbox me btw, I retook some in CEGEP, some online

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly so please correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't there a separate waitlist for Med P, NTP, and Univ? I believe there is. In that case there's no reason why the Univ waitlist rankings can't be released before Med P and NTP get their answers since they're all separate. If a Med P or NTP applicant rejects their offer, that wouldn't affect someone on the Univ waitlist. So in conclusion that's why I don't think you should stress about waiting until end of May.. I think it will be released early May :)

Message to MDCM candidates whose application was not selected after the March interviews: You will automatically receive an email with your rank after May 12th. Note that the post-interview reconsideration period is no longer open. We regret that no individual feedback meetings will be granted concerning the Fall 2017 cycle.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly so please correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't there a separate waitlist for Med P, NTP, and Univ? I believe there is. In that case there's no reason why the Univ waitlist rankings can't be released before Med P and NTP get their answers since they're all separate. If a Med P or NTP applicant rejects their offer, that wouldn't affect someone on the Univ waitlist. So in conclusion that's why I don't think you should stress about waiting until end of May.. I think it will be released early May :)

Hopefully you are right, because at the current rate of aging (stress-induced that is) of approximately 1 month/day, I will have to retire before I can even begin Med school if I were to be selected.

It moved already?! 

Congratulations! 

CONGRATSS!!!  Were you #1 on the waitlist?!   :D

OMG OMG I DON'T KNOW IT STILL SAYS:

Waitlist Rank TBD in early May

I WAS SCARED THAT THEY WILL TAKE THE OFFER AWAY SO I PAID THE DEPOSIT IMMEDIATELY 

(well I guess they can still retract the offer if it's a mistake despite that deposit was paid, hmmm...)

OMG OMG I DON'T KNOW IT STILL SAYS:

Waitlist Rank TBD in early May

I WAS SCARED THAT THEY WILL TAKE THE OFFER AWAY SO I PAID THE DEPOSIT IMMEDIATELY 

(well I guess they can still retract the offer if it's a mistake despite that deposit was paid, hmmm...)

let us know if your waitlist rank updates! Congrats by the way :DDDD 

Will they still update my "waitlist rank" when they've already moved me to the accepted status? 

Doubt it.

What I think happened (based on prev. years) is current 2nd rounders were assessed, everyone was re-ranked and there were unfilled spots for 2nd rounders and you came out highest of all the ppl. Two years ago there were a few in that situation (who were on WL but were never given a rank). Same happened this yr I assume?

It is likely that everyone has been assessed though, both first and second round interviewees.

Doubt it.

What I think happened (based on prev. years) is current 2nd rounders were assessed, everyone was re-ranked and there were unfilled spots for 2nd rounders and you came out highest of all the ppl. Two years ago there were a few in that situation (who were on WL but were never given a rank). Same happened this yr I assume?

It is likely that everyone has been assessed though, both first and second round interviewees.

Yea I think this makes sense. Anyway I'm really glad and grateful. 

Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting, GOOD NEWS WILL COME!!

Doubt it.

Or some candidates who got accepted declined their spot... but less likely.

Or some candidates who got accepted declined their spot... but less likely.

Possible but unlikely IMO - If someone who was accepted declined w/o the 2nd round interviewees being fully assessed and ranked, I think it would be unfair to give the spot right away and I doubt McGill would do that.

Archived