Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Dentistry Class Of 2021 Accepted/waitlisted/rejected

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they'd change people's high/normal/low ranking, even if there was a lot of movement because that was based off of previous years, not what's happening now (might be wrong though!). HWL still hasn't cleared, so I would be surprised if they manage to reach the LWL.

Two things are up in the air. It seems like there is a lot of WL movement this year so far, but maybe more people are just posting (except it seems like a high proportion of posters are getting in)? The second is we really don't know how long each of the lists are. If it really is like UWO med and is truly conservative, I'd guess 20-25 max on the HWL, but it could be more...

There should be at least 4 more waitlist offers in the very near future, so please post if you get in! :)

32 minutes ago, staystaystay22 said:

May I ask why you are choosing McGill (saw in the other thread)? Are you from Quebec <3 ? 

I am not from QC - but I like their curriculum plus the tuition is very affordable! 

Also, I love Montreal and I an speak French as well :)

I know it's difficult to be patient during this whole process but it IS moving. already in this forum alone, 4-5 people stated they or their friend is turning down their offer as of June 1st. so definitely expect that many movement happening this week! :)

6 hours ago, HopefulDent2017 said:

Has anyone on the waitlist tried to email admissions again to see if their waitlist position has changed significantly enough to receive an offer based on past years? Due to recent waitlist movements? 

There may have been a small shift (going from high to higher, normal to high, low to normal) due to people declining their waitlist positions, though it probably isn't that significant.

Just wanted to make a quick post for future premed users regarding the high waitlist:

If you scroll through this entire thread, there are 15 people who have confirmed that they were/are on the high waitlist. I also know of one other person (who is not one of these usernames) who was also accepted off the HWL. So there are 16 confirmed HWLers. 

I thought the HWL was less than 20 (closer to 15), but with the assumption that there are more HWLers out there who didn't post on the forums I'd say that the high waitlist must be at least 20 people! It could also be 25, but I really don't think that is being conservative enough.

My guess is that they sent a wave on thurs and friday. A few people that i know that got an offer have until friday or monday to accept. I know most of them are turning it down! They may send out another "wave" friday or monday!

Archived