Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Dentistry Class Of 2021 Accepted/waitlisted/rejected

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think similar to how UWO meds works, you'll see the high waitlist completely clear and about 1/3 to 1/2 of the normal waitlist clear. UWO meds has almost never gotten to the low waitlist (I think they never have).

Only difference is that UWO med high waitlist clears in a few days because of the OMSAS centralized system. People hold onto dent offers all summer/til the last second :/

I'd say it makes a difference. Simply comparing it to our old lab we're able to be more efficient and get more confidence in our skills before letting us loose on real patients. That way we can focus more on patient skills rather than the pure carpenter-dentistry side of things. Our endo equipment apparently is top notch. We even got these fancy new microscopes to use if we desire to learn with them (most of our class doesn't use them, but it's neat to see what's out there). We have digital x-rays in the simulation clinic now... the throughput of those allowed us to pretty much double our learning efficiency in endo. The new 'wet' rooms have also basically doubled in capacity to improve efficiency (models, denture work etc). I think overall it's a big step up from our previous lab. It's not perfect but it's a big upgrade.

I mean what you're saying is true... Previous classes are doing just fine with the simulation practice they got from the 'old' sim clinic. But it's definitely not something I would overlook as a deciding factor.

And to that low blow... during our entrance year, I'm quite sure the UofT wait-list moved almost completely...

At the end of the day you're a dentist coming out. The quality of dentist depends 75% on you and 24% on your peers. I'd say 1% on the school.

When are clinics open for practice?  :D 

Stop throwing shade boys and girls, both U of T and UWO are very average schools and both have a lot of problems with them. The biggest factor for what kind of dentist you become is yourself and your motivation to learn proper dentistry and treat patients well. Any difference you get between the two schools in 4 years is nothing compared to the learning in 30 years of practice.

Waitlist invites go out throughout the summer, so it's hard to predict right now. We should have an idea by the end of next week though when there's a surge. I'm hoping this is not a freak year where the waitlist goes less than 15 or something

Just figured because it seems slow compared to previous years' posts. Or it could also be how the new admissions staff chooses to do things.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, Winnipeg9416 said:

It may seem like it's not moving, but in last year's thread, only 7 people posted to say they were accepted off the waitlist while 38 people were accepted in total. So the forums may not be an accurate representation of how much the waitlist is actually moving.

By this time there were only a few people off the waitlist last year who posted and 38 got in from the waitlist, so very few people posted their waitlist offers 

If there is similar movement, high waitlist should be close to clearing early June. Unless the high waitlist is 30 people lol

Thoughts?

Archived