Premed 101 Forums

This is just a really curious and maybe silly question I thought I'd ask for fun - but, do dental students get a backpack? If so, what's it like? I had heard that UWO students get a bag, do students at other schools get one as well that is similar?

Regardless, I guess more practically speaking, was wondering regarding how many things youll need to carry around in it besides your computer, and if its maybe best to have backpack or if a laptop bag suffices?

In Québec, dental students receive a backpack from the ACDQ (Québec's association of dental surgeons) of a different color and brand depending of the year. This year we got blue jansport written DMD 16-20 on it.

I really only need my laptop, but I like To carry around a few notebooks and a pencil case.. just in case!

• 2 weeks later...

How come only certain schools get backpacks?

The schools which offer backpacks to their students do it out of their own dental student union's pocket. There's no central backpack distributing agency like med, though there's a push for this from some dental student union's

Edit: this is how Ontario schools work

In Québec, dental students receive a backpack from the ACDQ (Québec's association of dental surgeons) of a different color and brand depending of the year. This year we got blue jansport written DMD 16-20 on it.

I really only need my laptop, but I like To carry around a few notebooks and a pencil case.. just in case!

It's free if I remember correctly ?

Pretty sure Dal dent gives macbooks to their students. And surprisingly their tuition is the same as other dental schools, if not slightly cheaper because of bigger gov't subsidies.

Dal students: where does that money come from?! (also correct me if I'm wrong)

Can't wait to receive my backpack !!!

It's free if I remember correctly ?

Class of 2016-2021's blue jansports backpack were horrible. I really hope u guys get a decent color this year