Premed 101 Forums

How Much Will First Year Gpa Affect Third Year Application?

All my marks have been fine so far from A- to A+ for first year, but I got a B+ in one of my half year courses, and I know it's not the end of the world, but it has been bothering me, and I'm a little worried!! As long as I do much better in my second year, I just hope I still have a good chance of applying to med in third year, assuming my other stuff like MCAT and EC's is good? I don't know exactly what my current GPA is but I'm predicting for OMSAS it's going to be about 3.8?? I would appreciate it if I could hear about some of your experiences as third year applicants, like what the GPA expectations are and if you guys ever got less than an A (like a B+) in a course and how much of an effect that has on your application? I know marks aren't everything but still, lol thank you!!

All my marks have been fine so far from A- to A+ for first year, but I got a B+ in one of my half year courses, and I know it's not the end of the world, but it has been bothering me, and I'm a little worried!! As long as I do much better in my second year, I just hope I still have a good chance of applying to med in third year, assuming my other stuff like MCAT and EC's is good? I don't know exactly what my current GPA is but I'm predicting for OMSAS it's going to be about 3.8?? I would appreciate it if I could hear about some of your experiences as third year applicants, like what the GPA expectations are and if you guys ever got less than an A (like a B+) in a course and how much of an effect that has on your application? I know marks aren't everything but still, lol thank you!!

For a third year application, it makes your chances significantly worse for certain schools and mildly worse for other

Archived