Premed 101 Forums

What Does Mcgill Look For In Med-P Interviews?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of what McGill is looking for in Cégep applicants in the multiple mini interviews. Like are they trying to get a feel for who you are / what your personality is or are they actually concerned with your logic/critical thinking/knowledge? Because I said some stupid things in my interview as I misunderstood a question or two for example. So I am wondering if I should count myself out because I made myself sound dumb a few times or if they don't actually care about the answer itself? Thanks so much

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of what McGill is looking for in Cégep applicants in the multiple mini interviews. Like are they trying to get a feel for who you are / what your personality is or are they actually concerned with your logic/critical thinking/knowledge? Because I said some stupid things in my interview as I misunderstood a question or two for example. So I am wondering if I should count myself out because I made myself sound dumb a few times or if they don't actually care about the answer itself? Thanks so much

Tbh me to I am wondering what they are looking for. I made few dumb comments and also completely ruined my calculations in one station. Idk...

See http://forums.premed101.com/index.php?/topic/47600-mmi-casper-prep-by-popular-demand-part-i-of-ii/

Obviously, content of your answers are an important consideration. However, often candidates mess up at least one station and still can be accepted. I messed up at 2 stations and was still accepted, off a wait list, on my first attempt at medical school. However, this is a competitive process and everybody is ranked according to performance.

• 2 weeks later...

They're both important. How you reason through a challenging social scenario is as much a measure of your personality as it is of your critical thinking. Some stations focus more on critical thinking than others, but I don't think you can get away with a good personality alone, just as strong critical thinking skills paired with a crap personality won't get you far either. Don't stress about how you think you did - it's very normal to second-guess your answers. And the people who feel really good coming out of the interview aren't necessarily the ones who get in. Good luck :)