Premed 101 Forums

2017 French Stream Waitlist Movement Poll

FRENCH STREAM WAITLIST MOVEMENT POLL  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe your situation?

• Offered admission and will be accepting
    • Offered admission but will be declining in favour of another school
    • Placed on the "waitlist" and will continue to wait
    • Placed on the "waitlist" and will withdraw in favour of another school
    • Offered admission OFF the waitlist and will be accepting!

Hi guys (Salut!),

I saw that there was a waitlist poll going on but I wanted more accurate data since it's a different waitlist for each stream. Here, you can let us know your situation (anonymously if you want) so we can have as much info as possible for us people on the FRENCH waitlist ( might make more sense of the chaos)!

Thanks!

ps. This goes without say but, please, people on the english waitlist, don't vote here!

I believe it's one big waitlist. uOttawa does not favor based on geographic location at this point so literally everyone is on the big waitlist. The only exception is if you are part of the CNFS stream, or are indigenous.

Thanks Mr Trout! I'm continuing to cross my fingers for you guys :D

Mr Duck

BTW in terms of how many people get offers from the waitlist, it does move quite a bit in the french stream (more than one would expect). In previous years candidates were even called off the bad waitlist (this happened to a friend 2 years ago). A lot of candidates go to Quebec where the tuition is much cheaper. Although I know the waitlist moves, I wouldn't know how many people... I would assume over 5-6 at the very least (this is a complete guess though)

I already saw one person that will be declining the french stream, so keep your hopes up!

Mr Duck

Evenin' Mr. Trout and Mr. Duck,

It is I, Donald Trout, fellow member of the Ottawa "Good" waitlist. I too have heard legend of there being lots of movement on said list. I knew someone who got off of the bad wait list 2 years ago (when administration seemed to still care about our feels), although I imagine this will all depend on the news that the Quebec students receive (On the 16th I believe). 

I'm in this with you Mr. Trout. And to you Mr. Duck - Congrats, fucker. 

Mr Donald Trout. 

Evenin' Mr. Trout and Mr. Duck,

It is I, Donald Trout, fellow member of the Ottawa "Good" waitlist. I too have heard legend of there being lots of movement on said list. I knew someone who got off of the bad wait list 2 years ago (when administration seemed to still care about our feels), although I imagine this will all depend on the news that the Quebec students receive (On the 16th I believe). 

I'm in this with you Mr. Trout. And to you Mr. Duck - Congrats, fucker. 

Mr Donald Trout. 

I lol'd so hard at this post. Good luck to you Mr Donald Trout! I really hope for a lot of movement on the waitlist

Mr Duck

Candidates need to accept or decline by May 23rd, so you can expect the first round of calls on May 24/25 imo

Mr Duck

So the offers off the waitlist only come after the 2 weeks are up? Or " à fur et à mesure" that people decline? 

I think just the first round is a 2 week delay, then it will go a fur et à mesure, though don't quote me on that!

Mr Duck

Okay! Well, if anyone gets off the waitlist within the next two weeks, let us know for confirmation!

• 2 weeks later...

So if we don't get a call by 4:30 when the office closes, what are our prospects moving forward? Is there still hope? Is it possible they didn't have enough time today to finish the waitlist offers so will do so tomorrow?... Or is our only remaining chance that those getting offers off the waitlist reject them and leave another spot?..

Archived