Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist 2017 Support Thread

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting - historically they've only given one week to reply to Round 2 offers (checked back to 2016, 2015 & 2014).. wonder why they are giving 2 weeks this time around.

Maybe because they are not expecting much WL movement ..(ie less than expected decline offers) so they are not rushed for candidates reply ..=( just my depressing speculation..

11 hours ago, APCHY said:

Maybe because they are not expecting much WL movement ..(ie less than expected decline offers) so they are not rushed for candidates reply ..=( just my depressing speculation..

Looks like they updated their blog. It is weird that they're giving people two weeks again. Based on the few posts here, perhaps they don't have much waitlist movement this year 

6 minutes ago, gogoup said:

Ugh June 10 seems so far away. I have seriously minimal hopes of getting an offer now. :(

I hear ya :(  not looking good. Usually they have six rounds of offers that end by ~ June 20th, but it seems like that won't happen this year since they've pushed this next round all the way til June 10th

4 minutes ago, steelheader said:

As depressing as that sounds, it seems reasonable :(. It could also mean they are doing their wait-lists a bit different this year. Perhaps the next wave will be the big one?

Ugh I don't want to write the new MCAT

I can't see much of a reason for the next round to be big?! I think I once read that they offer spots as they open, so technically the largest wave would have been yesterday. 

I can't think of a reason why this year's number of declines would be a lot lower though. Aside from just randomly being low this year. 

5 minutes ago, steelheader said:

As depressing as that sounds, it seems reasonable :(. It could also mean they are doing their wait-lists a bit different this year. Perhaps the next wave will be the big one?

Ugh I don't want to write the new MCAT

I'm in the same boat, I'd have to write the new mcat. It seems brutal D:

14 minutes ago, gogoup said:

me too! We should form a study group / motivate each other.

Rewriting the MCAT +1.. I actually already registered.. writing it in 3 weeks.. probably gonna write it more than once this summer. I work full-time so it's hard to study. 

1 minute ago, APCHY said:

Rewriting the MCAT +1.. I actually already registered.. writing it in 3 weeks.. probably gonna write it more than once this summer. I work full-time so it's hard to study. 

wow that's so soon! Good luck!!!

14 minutes ago, APCHY said:

I work too! It's so challenging to balance studying with it. Best of luck!!

19 minutes ago, APCHY said:

http://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/2013/05/27/waitlist-round-1/

4 years ago this happened, to give us some hopes I guess! Perhaps first round goes mostly to site preferences and few on waitlist.  Hang in there guys..! 

My speculations: perhaps they are under-staffed this year since they also eliminated the early application deadline, and emails have been sent late in the day too.

Could be that they just like changing things up and are secretly enjoying this way too much.

1 hour ago, gogoup said:

My speculations: perhaps they are under-staffed this year since they also eliminated the early application deadline, and emails have been sent late in the day too.

Could be that they just like changing things up and are secretly enjoying this way too much.

Well that makes me semi hopeful.

CURRENT WAITLIST APPLICANT SURVEY

Hey guys,

Good luck to all of you on the waitlist. Hopefully you will secure a spot soon. To those who got accepted recently in the first round congratulations!

I made a survey for post interview applicants, a couple of the waitlisted applicants have already filled it out. Some who have filled it out have already been accepted as well, if you're one of those people make another entry on the form. It collects your stats for GPA, MCAT etc. so I think it would be a helpful resource to see how you fare among the other applicants. So if you feel comfortable entering your info please do, you will be able to view all the data collected so far after you complete the form. It asks for your email, if you're not comfortable using your own simply enter abc@hotmail.com , however I will release a better data summary for waitlist applicants once there are more entries, and will be doing so via emails (so use your real email if you can). If you have been offered a place or rejected, please re-enter your data into this form, just enter your email and add "second time" into the email address box when completing it. Ultimately this resource will only be as good as the number of entries we get, so the more responses we get the better this resource will be!

This form is also for accepted and rejected applicants (post interview) as well, so feel free to add in your info if you fall into those categories.

LINK  - https://goo.gl/forms/8JHkLqmGu5PnlhED3

It is a brutal process, but may the odds of you moving up the waitlist be ever in your favour ~~~

30 minutes ago, shribblet said:

CURRENT WAITLIST APPLICANT SURVEY

Hey guys,

Good luck to all of you on the waitlist. Hopefully you will secure a spot soon. To those who got accepted recently in the first round congratulations!

I made a survey for post interview applicants, a couple of the waitlisted applicants have already filled it out. Some who have filled it out have already been accepted as well, if you're one of those people make another entry on the form. It collects your stats for GPA, MCAT etc. so I think it would be a helpful resource to see how you fare among the other applicants. So if you feel comfortable entering your info please do, you will be able to view all the data collected so far after you complete the form. It asks for your email, if you're not comfortable using your own simply enter abc@hotmail.com , however I will release a better data summary for waitlist applicants once there are more entries, and will be doing so via emails (so use your real email if you can). If you have been offered a place or rejected, please re-enter your data into this form, just enter your email and add "second time" into the email address box when completing it. Ultimately this resource will only be as good as the number of entries we get, so the more responses we get the better this resource will be!

This form is also for accepted and rejected applicants (post interview) as well, so feel free to add in your info if you fall into those categories.

LINK  - https://goo.gl/forms/8JHkLqmGu5PnlhED3

It is a brutal process, but may the odds of you moving up the waitlist be ever in your favour ~~~

Is there anyway that the survey can tell you individual stats? The survey doesn't really allow for analysis. For example, the survey says there are 7 waitlisters but there is no way to tell what their specific scores were. 

31 minutes ago, Premed6 said:

Do you guys think the next wave of offers will be on the same day as the deadline (Friday, June 9th). It does say "the next round of offers will go out after this deadline."

I wouldn't read into the semantics too much, it would be awesome if they did though!

Archived