Premed 101 Forums

Uofa 2021 Acceptance/wl/rejected Thread

Well everybody, early acceptances for the UofA DDS 2021 class should be coming out pretty soon. For all those accepted here is the class fb page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1514349881908667/

Just a reminder for anyone who doesn't hear back for early acceptances in May, there are still the general acceptances and waitlist which come out in the first few weeks of July. 

As in previous years feel free to use this thread to post stats, ect...

PS. Congratulations to all those who are accepted can't wait to meet you all!! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So early acceptances around May 18th then does everyone else just wait until July to hear if it is a yes, no or waitlist? Or is it gradual release between may and July? That is so annoying they make us wait so long! We have already waited months since the interviews!

The regular admissions and wait list will come out about the same time all at once. I think last year it was either the last week of June or first week of July

Yeah Hammerhead is right. I think last year they came out around June 28th, that being said the dates can change year to year.

accepted!

Does anyone know how to complete the immunizations required? I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten a single shot in like... 15 years. Do I just go to my family doctor? I'm actually so confused about this part

You can set up an appointment with a nurse at the UofA. They'll know what you need, but family doctor also works. Congrats everyone!

accepted!

Does anyone know how to complete the immunizations required? I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten a single shot in like... 15 years. Do I just go to my family doctor? I'm actually so confused about this part

You can get it done at the university, which is what I recommend if thats convenient for you - they will know exactly what you need. Just go to the health center in SUB on campus. They'll get you to fill out a form. You will likely have to go in on 2 days, separated by a day (so monday and wednesday for example). It's really straight forward once you do it, but I was really confused at first too, haha.

Also, congrats on getting in you guys! Good Job, and looking forward to meeting you!

thanks guys, unfortunately I don't live in edmonton (calgary). Should I just go to my family doctor then? Or equivalent at u of c?

that should be fine. You can always contact the uofa school of dentistry and ask what specific requirements you need. You might also just be able to go to the UofC campus and ask, because I'm sure that their medical programs etc. need the same immunizations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! How early should we do the immunizations? I booked an appointment at UofC in early July (they said I couldn't book a date any earlier because their Med students need their immunizations first). Does that give me enough time to mail everything before the deadline, Aug 1?

14 hours ago, Jtt said:

Hey guys! How early should we do the immunizations? I booked an appointment at UofC in early July (they said I couldn't book a date any earlier because their Med students need their immunizations first). Does that give me enough time to mail everything before the deadline, Aug 1?

You can always express mail and pay a little extra for piece of mind; good ol' tracking number!

Try calling admissions and asking about you situation before you spend money on express mailing 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived