Premed 101 Forums

Really looking for useful, honest advice.

MDPLZ

Take a university program that interests you and which leads somewhere should you not get into med.

Take a full course load.

Self-assess, go to counselling so as to determine why you are not excelling, which is required to be a competitive applicant. You need to do well with a full course load before looking at other things. It is about learning how to learn best for you. It is not simply putting in the time, rather it is about using the time effectively to learn, to retain, to recall, to understand.

Why only 4 courses, was it in one year. What interests you.

3 hours ago, Bambi said:

Take a university program that interests you and which leads somewhere should you not get into med.

Take a full course load.

Self-assess, go to counselling so as to determine why you are not excelling, which is required to be a competitive applicant. You need to do well with a full course load before looking at other things. It is about learning how to learn best for you. It is not simply putting in the time, rather it is about using the time effectively to learn, to retain, to recall, to understand.

Why only 4 courses, was it in one year. What interests you.

Thank you so much for answering this, I accidentally posted this mid way through posting.

Thanks you are very kind.

On 6/28/2017 at 11:17 AM, MDPLZ said:

Ok, I am really back at square one.

I am 20 years old and have completed only 4 university courses, two of which I have received B's, the other two A+'s. I have known I want to pursue medicine since

You still have plenty of time and many opportunities. I would highly recommend doing an undergrad in something that interests you. I would say if you have an interest in health go for a specialized science degree like nursing, respiratory therapy etc. On the other hand if you're more of an artsy and science person I'd say major in something you like and know you'll do well in and as electives try some foundational sciences like bio, chem, physics, math, stat etc.

Archived