Premed 101 Forums

GPA Calculation

Hello,

I am a bit confused with "worst year dropped if 4 or more years". I am currently going into a second year in 2017 September. 

If I plan to apply for Dental school in the beginning of my third year (2018 September), will my third year % count towards it?

Also, if I apply again in the beginning of my fourth year, will my fourth year % count towards the admission? And, will my lowest year drop? 

Thank you

Assuming full course load in all four years your your lowest year will drop in fourth year. Third year % shouldn't count in third year as they won't see it when/if you interview but (correct me if I'm wrong) admission can me revoked if your third year GPA doesn't meet admission cut offs. 

This is the general practice from my experiences. What school are you referring to OP? Depending on the rest of the rules (beyond what you have quoted) it could be that you have to compete 4th year before any years are dropped. 

If you apply after 4 years, they will take the 2 best years between year 1,2 and 3 into your GPA calculation (4th year grade will NOT be take into GPA calculation)
If you apply after 3 years, automatically your 1st and 2nd year will be take into your GPA calculation.

5 hours ago, dentalisc said:

If you apply after 4 years, they will take the 2 best years between year 1,2 and 3 into your GPA calculation (4th year grade will NOT be take into GPA calculation)
If you apply after 3 years, automatically your 1st and 2nd year will be take into your GPA calculation.

Are you sure about this? It makes no sense to not include 4th year marks if you're applying when your 4th year is finished

Archived