Premed 101 Forums

Nursing (york, ryerson, u of t)

Im a second year life sciences student at U of T. I have recently become interested in nursing. From my understanding, U of T's BScN program usually gives acceptances to applicants who have already completed a 4 year undergraduate program. However, the minimum requirement to apply for the program is 10 FCE. Ive read other forums and I havent seen anyone in their second year of undergrad who has been accepted or has applied. I was thinking of applying to the program after my second year but after ive done this research is it useless for me to try and apply without a bachelors degree? Has anyone heard of a student w/out a bachelors degree who has been accepted to UofT's BScN program??

I would prefer earning a BScN in the shortest way possible. Ive noticed York has a second entry nursing program too but they explicitly say theres an admission requirement of 9.00 credits in the 300 level.  Does York's second entry nursing program also mostly accept people with a bachelors degree?

Ryerson has a good nursing program but does not have an accelerated nursing program like york and uoft. 

Im not sure what to do. I would prefer staying at U of T but I dont want to spend more money on studies and stay in school for 6 years. I would like to imagine I could apply to U of Ts nursing program after my 2nd year but the competitiveness is making me hesitant 

Archived