Premed 101 Forums

Scrubs for Observership/Clinical Years

Hi, 

Could someone tell me if wearing your own scrub tops at hospitals (for OR Observership in first year or clerkship in later years) is frowned upon or even forbidden? I only ask because I tend to get sweaty in the under arms and knowing that the light blue hospital scrubs will give me away in the blink of an eye will only make my problem worse :( If allowed, I'd much rather get myself some black or dark blue tops that I'd be more comfortable with and wouldn't sweat so much in. If anyone could let me know the norms regarding this please let me know! 

Thanks in advance :)

I'm not certain if they're forbidden, but I've only seen people wearing the "Misty Green", hospital provided scrubs when in the OR.

That being said, you get the scrubs from a machine and you're allowed to have two sets taken out at once. As a result some people wear one pair while stowing the spare in their bag in event they have to change while on the floor.

You might be good with just the two pairs, if not then you can always run down and exchange the soiled set for a clean one (time permitting).

Archived