Premed 101 Forums

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Hello,

Queens says they calculate two different GPA's, the CGPA and the 2yr GPA... which is used? I am confused.

What does this mean for someone like me; My 2yr GPA will likely be extremely high but my CGPA will be VERY low... what does this mean for my application?

I would love for someone to share their experiences and or clarify.

Thanks

You don't need to have a degree.

If you have 4 years of University done, Queen's will calculate 2 separate GPA's for you. One GPA will be your cumulative GPA with all your courses from all 4 years (not including summer courses). The second GPA will be the GPA of courses only done in your last two years (in your case, years 3 and 4, not including summer).

Out of these two separate GPA's, only one of them needs to surpass Queen's unknown cutoff. If one of those GPA's satisfies their cutoff, that is good enough, and GPA is no longer considered.

I hope this clarifies things.

6 minutes ago, Monkey D. Luffy said:

You don't need to have a degree.

If you have 4 years of University done, Queen's will calculate 2 separate GPA's for you. One GPA will be your cumulative GPA with all your courses from all 4 years (not including summer courses). The second GPA will be the GPA of courses only done in your last two years (in your case, years 3 and 4, not including summer).

Out of these two separate GPA's, only one of them needs to surpass Queen's unknown cutoff. If one of those GPA's satisfies their cutoff, that is good enough, and GPA is no longer considered.

I hope this clarifies things.

So if my first two years of university had a nigh enough GPA to hit the cutoff, I could use those?

Thank you so much for taking the time.

Just now, Sauna said:

It's: most recent two years OR every year. 

So yes is the answr in short? As my first two years will also be every year?

So sorry for missing the mark here. I am new to this. Once again thank you!

Archived