Premed 101 Forums

Dorm Room Must Haves?

Ginsy

Hey there. I plan on going dorm room shopping tomorrow and I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to get besides the basics and a cool poster.

What are some of your dorm room essentials? Was there anything cool that you got in first year that made your experience easier/better? Just want to hear what people got and if it interests me enough to buy it. 

Not sure what you consider as the essentials, but definitely whiteboard/corkboard; useful for organizational purposes and writing reminders in giant, hard to miss messages. Our dorms came with a mini-fridge, which was VERY appreciated for ice-cream storage purposes. A dartboard and/or those suction bow/arrows were good for passing time too, and you can personalize your target for extra amusement...

On 7/20/2017 at 1:25 PM, lulu95 said:

Not sure what you consider as the essentials, but definitely whiteboard/corkboard; useful for organizational purposes and writing reminders in giant, hard to miss messages. Our dorms came with a mini-fridge, which was VERY appreciated for ice-cream storage purposes. A dartboard and/or those suction bow/arrows were good for passing time too, and you can personalize your target for extra amusement...

Hi, thank you! What I consider the essentials are just bed sheets, pillows, towels, shower slippers - pretty much the bare minimum to live. I've yet to get anything else. I've never actually considered a whiteboard so I'll look into that. I was originally planning on getting a calendar for organizational purposes. 

Archived