Premed 101 Forums

French Stream 2018

Here are my stats for my uOttawa application:

Stream: French

GPA: 4.0

Research: Summer internship with CRSNG scholarship in gyneco-oncology.

Education: Second year university with CEGEP diploma.

What are my chances to get an interview?

Obviously you meet the GPA cut-off for the french stream (GPA = 3.7). Assuming you do well at the CASPer (you reason well and quickly your thoughts on each situation), you have a nearly guaranteed chance at an interview. This is of course, if they keep the 50% CASPer, 50% GPA formula for the 2017-2018 application cycle.

The cutoff for the whole french stream is actually 3.7 regardless of geographic location. Also, keep in mind that you have to meet the cutoff for casper. Do not neglect it, although you do not have to perform as well as others you still have to do decently. Practice your typing in french and timing and you should be fine.

Mr Duck

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎20 at 9:45 PM, Donald_Duck said:

The cutoff for the whole french stream is actually 3.7 regardless of geographic location. Also, keep in mind that you have to meet the cutoff for casper. Do not neglect it, although you do not have to perform as well as others you still have to do decently. Practice your typing in french and timing and you should be fine.

Mr Duck

Where do you see that the cut-off for the french stream is 3.7? I only see 3.5 on their site..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived