Premed 101 Forums

Any chance for an OOP with 507?

4 minutes ago, gogoup said:

I do believe OP's GPA is in the 85% range, also depends on how UBC will adjust your GPA. More here: http://mdprogram.med.ubc.ca/admissions/evaluation-criteria/

Yes. It depends on the conversion.

For example, using UBC Art's 4.33 conversion scale, 3.85 wouldn't translate.

http://students.arts.ubc.ca/advising/academic-performance/gpa-equivalency/

I would call UBC Med Admissions to clarify how they convert.

8 minutes ago, gogoup said:

I guess I'm missing something then. Your table shows letter grade to percentage. How does a 3.85 GPA fit with this table? Is there a conversion from GPA to letter grade?

Or are you assuming that a 3.85 converts to an A, which then converts to either an 87 or 92? If so, OP should still call UBC, since there is a massive difference between 87 and 92.

2 hours ago, awalkingshadow said:

I guess I'm missing something then. Your table shows letter grade to percentage. How does a 3.85 GPA fit with this table? Is there a conversion from GPA to letter grade?

Or are you assuming that a 3.85 converts to an A, which then converts to either an 87 or 92? If so, OP should still call UBC, since there is a massive difference between 87 and 92.

My understanding is that they convert each letter grade associated with your GPA for each of your courses to the associated % , and then the calculation is done to get a percent average. I don't know that you can really accurately just translate a single overall GPA to into a percent grade for UBC's system, but you can ballpark it.

An A will translate to an 87 if your school grants A+, and 92 for grades from schools without A+. 

Haven't written the MCAT yet, but have been consistently scoring around 508 on practice tests. I assume that since UBC goes through the effort of interviewing you before looking at MCAT means that it is probably not weighed that heavily or else they would've used it earlier in the admission process to screen a ton of people?

15 hours ago, 2hopeful said:

Haven't written the MCAT yet, but have been consistently scoring around 508 on practice tests. I assume that since UBC goes through the effort of interviewing you before looking at MCAT means that it is probably not weighed that heavily or else they would've used it earlier in the admission process to screen a ton of people?

I don't think we can make that assumption... but def apply anyway and find out (if you get above average interview and still get rejected, you'd know)

But then hopefully you'll never find out :P 

Archived