Premed 101 Forums

Ready for CASPer? 12 days left ....

With just 12 days left before the first test date for Dal ...  I've been doing lots of timed full length tests which has really helped my time management to say the least and build confidence up.

How's everyone feeling about the test, given that this is the first year Dal is using the test to weed out applicants?

What tests have you been using to practice? I'm feeling alright about it, but theres a lot riding on this because I am also applying to McGill (med and dent), McMaster, Ottawa, and UBC (dentistry).

Out of all the schools I am least nervous about Dalhousie because they just use CASPer as a threshold (bottom 6-10% get cut).

I am just pissed that their only two dates are on the 15 and 20th, and the last acceptable MCAT is the 19th - like wtf????? I actually called them asked them if they thought about the logistics of this...

FYI mcgill isn't as 'bad' either - its just 20%, almost nothing compared to the 70% academic.....

24 minutes ago, hartk48 said:

I am just pissed that their only two dates are on the 15 and 20th, and the last acceptable MCAT is the 19th - like wtf????? I actually called them asked them if they thought about the logistics of this...

FYI mcgill isn't as 'bad' either - its just 20%, almost nothing compared to the 70% academic.....

As someone who decided to rewrite the MCAT and is trying to complete a MSc, all I have to say is ughhhhhh.

Just did CASPer tonight!!!

I'm glad that's over with and even more glad I did a few full length practice tests beforehand cuz some of the questions on my real test were identical to the practice questions.  Definitely made me feel very confident.

Keeping my fingers crossed.  Good luck everyone

Just did it tonight too! Also glad it's over with. I'm more confident with my answers from the first portion of the test. The final 6 I found were a bit more tough and I ran out of time on one of the last questions. Overall, I'm feeling fairly confident. Just hope I'm within the acceptable range! 

Congrats guys! 

1 hour ago, Reastat said:

Just did CASPer tonight!!!

I'm glad that's over with and even more glad I did a few full length practice tests beforehand cuz some of the questions on my real test were identical to the practice questions.  Definitely made me feel very confident.

Keeping my fingers crossed.  Good luck everyone

Where did you get your practice tests from?

I thought the questions are not too bad, but typing your answers made Casper a beast! This is my first time writing it and I thought it was fun doing it, but I'm definitely not sure about my performance  I'm more terrified of my mcat score :(:( . Nevertheless, All the best to everyone applying this year :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived