Premed 101 Forums

Fully funded MSc opportunities, UofR Kinesiology&Health Studies

UofRKHS

Greetings,

The Faculty of Kinesiology & Health Studies at the University of Regina has several opportunities for qualified students to pursue a fully funded MSc (or in some cases PhD).

I myself hold funding for 1-2 students interested in physical activity, sedentary behaviour and obesity epidemiology, and related cardiometabolic, quality of life, or psychosocial outcomes.  My focus at the moment is on a large study investigating seasonal variations in physical activity and sedentary behaviour, and if these variations (vs. more consistent activity) influence health outcomes.  I am also interested in workplace health as related to sedentary desk jobs e.g. use of sit-stand desks.  I have a lab website with more detail, including publication history and recent media exposure: Physical Activity Epidemiology Lab .  MSc students in my lab will generally produce 2 first-author publications.

The Faculty of KHS also has scholarship funding to award to entering grad student(s) with a GPA >80% -- application deadline is August 14.  This could go to a student pursuing grad studies with any faculty member as supervisor (and could be combined with my funding above also, e.g. if awarded KHS funding, I can top up).  Supervisor must be identified and have informally accepted to work with the student prior to formal application through the Faculty of Grad Studies and Research.

An entering MSc student with GPA >80% could be funded in the range of $20-25,000+ per year for 2 years, including KHS scholarship and/or supervisor funding + TAship.

For individuals interested in research, a graduate degree combined with an MD could potentially lead to a much more diverse career in the future.

Thank you for reading, and please feel free to pass on to anyone who might be interested.

Cheers,

Katya Herman, PhD

Faculty of Kinesiology & Health Studies

University of Regina

Katya.Herman@uregina.ca

http://www2.uregina.ca/khs/pa-epi-lab/

The University of Regina is a mid-sized comprehensive university enrolling 14,000 full-time and part-time undergraduate and graduate students in
10 faculties and 25 academic departments, with reputations for excellence and innovative programs
(120 undergraduate + 78 graduate programs)
leading to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees.

Archived