Premed 101 Forums

Casper typing speed

My advice: It's always Quality > Quantity.

It's just like talking at the MMI. It's not about how fast or how convoluted you can deliver your idea/answer. It's about how succinct, clear, and impactful you can be in your answer. Remember that markers are marking 100's of answers to the same question. They don't want to read paragraphs of words that could have been written in one sentence.

Speaking as a former marker of supp apps for different application processes - it's refreshing to read an answer that is clear, straight to the point and well organized. Makes it easy for me to give them full marks and move on to the next one.

3 hours ago, BoopityBoop said:

My advice: It's always Quality > Quantity.

It's just like talking at the MMI. It's not about how fast or how convoluted you can deliver your idea/answer. It's about how succinct, clear, and impactful you can be in your answer. Remember that markers are marking 100's of answers to the same question. They don't want to read paragraphs of words that could have been written in one sentence.

Speaking as a former marker of supp apps for different application processes - it's refreshing to read an answer that is clear, straight to the point and well organized. Makes it easy for me to give them full marks and move on to the next one.

I agree with this.  I don't consider myself to be a fast typer by any means (and I don't type properly using all fingers), but I didn't find that my typing speed impeded my ability to say everything I wanted to say.  Even though it was tempting to just start spewing my answer as soon as the question popped up, I took a few seconds before I started typing to determine 1) what I wanted to say, and 2) how I wanted to say it.  My answers were not overly long, but I was able to say everything I wanted to say for most questions, and felt that most of my answers were organized.  Best of luck!! 

Archived