Premed 101 Forums

UBC MOT Admission Requirements

Hello everyone,

I had a question regarding the admission process to UBC's MOT program. For those who have been accepted into the program and/or are current/past students, I was wondering what your course load was like in the last two years of your undergrad? I know this is not listed anywhere on UBC's MOT program website, but I have came across some programs in other provinces which state that they prefer students who can demonstrate their ability to manage a full course load. I plan on taking 3 courses per semester for my last two years of undergrad, but am contemplating whether I should increase it to 4 courses in case taking fewer courses might influence my admission. If anyone has taken a similar course load and has been accepted, please feel free to share your experiences! 

Also, in regards to the volunteer/work experience requirement, I have been volunteering at a seniors' care facility for 3.5 years (this will increase to 5+ years during the time of my application), where I help feed residents in the special care unit, assist recreation staff with programs/games, and have one-to-one conversations with the residents. I have also just started a volunteer position with the OT department at a hospital, where I will be assisting the rehab assistant with small group exercises. Do you think these two positions will be considered strong for my application? Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone :) 

Archived