Premed 101 Forums

IP or not?

I'd just like a second opinion (apart from what I understand). The UofA website says:

>"A resident of Alberta is defined as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant) who has been continuously resident in the Province of Alberta, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories or Nunavut for at least one year immediately before the first day of classes of the term for which admission is sought. The one-year residence period shall not be considered broken where the admission committee is satisfied that the applicant was temporarily out of the province on vacation, in short-term employment, or as a full-time student. Applicants on study permit cannot establish residence during a period as a full-time student in an Alberta secondary or postsecondary institution because a stay under study permit is considered to be a visiting period."

I lived in Alberta for 30 months consecutively as a full-time student under a study permit. So from what I understand, I'm considered IP at the UofC but not UofA?

Archived