Premed 101 Forums

Helpful Resources to Read Over Essays + Detailed ABS?

Hi everyone,

For those who have applied already (or for those applying this year), are there any good resources you found in terms of proofreading your application? I did some searching and found that the counsellors at the academic centre at my school offer to read over applications, but I was wondering if anyone found success with any other resources, either online or in the community.

There are usually some members on here who will volunteer to help review some applications. I found that to be the most useful resource when applying. However, help on this community is typically time dependent and usually you will need to catch current med students at a good time in between exams.

2 minutes ago, robclem21 said:

There are usually some members on here who will volunteer to help review some applications. I found that to be the most useful resource when applying. However, help on this community is typically time dependent and usually you will need to catch current med students at a good time in between exams.

Oh I see, that's really nice of them! I'm not fully aware of med student schedules though. Would you happen to know when a relatively less busy time for them would be?

16 hours ago, dlange said:

Oh I see, that's really nice of them! I'm not fully aware of med student schedules though. Would you happen to know when a relatively less busy time for them would be?

Different by school. Some members typically offer once it gets closer to submission time, but generally the more time you leave yourself the better.

Archived