Premed 101 Forums

asdasdasd

I don't necessarily think it's a red flag, as long as you can demonstrate that you have had experiences in leadership, working with others, etc. like you would in a school club. Joining clubs is just one very common way that you can gain those experiences and build those skills, but it's not the only way. I think that as long as you can show how whatever you did helped you develop certain skills/strengths, that is what counts more than the nature of the experiences themselves. 

I got interviews last cycle at UofT and Queen's without joining any school clubs. That said, I had other community involvement experiences. I don't think it matters as _gettingthere_ said as long as you can demonstrate the skills schools are seeking. 

tbh I think these campus clubs are overrated. A lot of them maybe host 1-2 events in the first semester then just wither out towards the end. I mean it's nice they give out free pizza but other than that what else can you say about them? VP of pizza ordering lol?

Do some thing that really matter to you so you'll have plenty to talk about. Even something as small as reading novels by yourself, there's lots you can say about that.

Archived