Premed 101 Forums

Is my application worth a chance for an interview?

Hi guys,

I was wondering whether is was worth setting up an OMSAS Account to apply just to Queens and U of Ottawa. I would apply to McMaster but I believe they don't drop your worst year or any credits at all?

cGPA ~ 3.63

wGPA ~ 3.84 

However, my MCAT is a 509 with a 125 in CARS. 

In terms of my ECs I believe their pretty solid (well UBC thought so) but I'm not sure what Ontario schools will think. 

If you don't get an invite do they give you any information like how well your application is or a score of your academic or ECs?

Thanks!

125 CARS might be cutting it super close for Queens, not sure about Ottawa. I think the Queens CARS cutoff has fluctuated between 126/127 in recent years.

Haven't heard of any Ontario schools who give you feedback on your application. Admissions aren't quite as black and white in Ontario like most other provinces are with their scoring and weighting process.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2017 at 11:10 PM, neuraorta said:

125 CARS might be cutting it super close for Queens, not sure about Ottawa. I think the Queens CARS cutoff has fluctuated between 126/127 in recent years.

Haven't heard of any Ontario schools who give you feedback on your application. Admissions aren't quite as black and white in Ontario like most other provinces are with their scoring and weighting process.

Where are you getting this information for Queen's CARS cut-off? 

Archived