Premed 101 Forums

Chances?

Hi, I hope it's okay if I post a chances thread here. Didn't wanna post in the main thread since I am just asking specifically about UofT.

Anyway, I am applying as a non-trad applicant. I don't automatically get the weighting formula. Without it my uoft wgpa is like 3.86. I did submit an academic explanations essay last year. The reason I don't get weighting is because of I'm missing 1 course in 1 of my years and also a 6-course supplementary semester. If they do actually apply the full weighting my wgpa is 3.93. This year I'll be in a 1-year course based masters. No idea if this gives me an edge at all for applying to uoft. 

Even if I get lucky and get an interview, I think it'll be an uphill battle to actually get in. Does anyone know the relative weight of pre-interview stuff vs. interview in the final ranking? In your opinion, is it worth it for me to apply?

The 2017 admission recap video should answer your question: 

Like the above poster said, course-based masters provide no significant advantage as you will likely be assessed as an undergrad applicant. Of course, you can take the year to build on other stuff though (improved letters, ECs, etc.). 

Archived