Premed 101 Forums

Michigan State University - Canadians Considered International

PopShoppe

Hey everyone,

So it's my first time considering applying to American schools and I was hoping someone would be able to share some info about MSU. From what I can see, it looks as though they are relatively Canadian friendly, as anyone who is a Canadian citizen can apply with full consideration given to degrees obtained in Canada. However based on their admission statistics on MSAR, they only accepted 3 from 500 international applicants.

Seeing as how MSU doesn't accept non-US citizens, non-US residents or non-Canadian citizens, does that mean in this case Canadians were considered international? Or were they considered out of state?

Just figured I'd post on here before emailing them to see if I could get a quick response. Any info anyone might have would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Are you looking at the MSU MD Program or the DO Program?

The DO program is called MSUCOM and the MD Program is called MSUCHM. Both are great programs but I believe the MSAR stats are for the MD program. The DO program is the one that accepts around 30~ Canadians per year with their Canadian initiative.

On 9/6/2017 at 5:20 PM, PopShoppe said:

Hey everyone,

So it's my first time considering applying to American schools and I was hoping someone would be able to share some info about MSU. From what I can see, it looks as though they are relatively Canadian friendly, as anyone who is a Canadian citizen can apply with full consideration given to degrees obtained in Canada. However based on their admission statistics on MSAR, they only accepted 3 from 500 international applicants.

Seeing as how MSU doesn't accept non-US citizens, non-US residents or non-Canadian citizens, does that mean in this case Canadians were considered international? Or were they considered out of state?

Just figured I'd post on here before emailing them to see if I could get a quick response. Any info anyone might have would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

MSUCOM is the Canadian friendly school. There are plenty DO schools that are just as good and not as expensive.

Archived