Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Tips Appreciated!

KraftDinner

Hey everyone,

Right now I am in uni and I am planning to write my MCAT next summer end of July. I wrote it before and I struggled particularly with CARS. I am trying to make the UWO CARS cutoff. I am willing to prepare a bit during the school year and I need suggestions on how I should prepare. In terms of Resources, I got quiet a bit (Nextstep, TBR, Examkrackers and TPR and TPRH Verbal), Old AAMC Qs) and if need be, I am willing to buy more. When it comes down to summer time, I want to already look in good shape for CARS. I will have three free months of summer to also study for the MCAT, so any advice would be appreciated!

Also, I am planning on applying to US and was wondering if anyone who got 515-520+, what did they do to get that score?

Thanks in advance!

Heya! For CARS, although I didn't use this personally, I've heard really good things about this resource: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/testing-solutions-30-day-guide-to-mcat-cars-success.1131850/

I've seen it getting recommended by many people, and heard some nice success stories too. You should take a look to see if it might be for you!

I'd also recommend you to go on the MCAT subreddit for all your MCAT needs. Tons of great advice, inspiring stories, emotional support, and nice resources (flashcards, Khan Academy notes, etc.). Good luck!

On 22/09/2017 at 0:31 AM, MedP111 said:

Heya! For CARS, although I didn't use this personally, I've heard really good things about this resource: https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/testing-solutions-30-day-guide-to-mcat-cars-success.1131850/

I used it and got a 129! I really liked it and found it SO MUCH MORE HELPFUL than Kaplan.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:38 AM, psk.taengoo said:

Honestly just do as much practice as you can. That's the best advice I can give you

Back that. Timed is especially key. Get into the rhythm and into the CARS pace. Although I didnt hit a 129, I jumped three points and I think the timing was everything! Had music playing in my head to keep me calm, took huge breaths between each passage and before I started cars (also dragged my break) 

Archived