Premed 101 Forums

Anyone's verifiers contacted yet?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, BioF said:

I'm too nervous to ask my verifiers if they were contacted. Is this a mistake? I don't think I can handle the confusion in there tone if they say no... I'm holding out until December :unsure:

Don't stress and don't ask (unless you want to). If UBC is unable to get in contact with a verifier by email or phone, they will contact you directly and find out if there's another way to reach the verifier. 

On 10/16/2017 at 6:54 PM, bscatuoft said:

Not really, but I did max out for all categories, which might be why?

No just thought that it would be perhaps more probable for the admissions committee to want to verify activities that seem strong and would, therefore, result in stronger NAQ and hence interview. On the flip side, it is also possible that they found some things unclear and want to ensure that you are being genuine in your descriptions. I am not sure.  

6 hours ago, Cashews said:

Should I be concerned that none of my verifiers have been contacted yet? 

3)      How many verifiers do you check and why? We check at least one verifier (usually more) for every applicant who receives a full file review. Sometimes we check a few, sometimes we check them all. We contact them either via email or phone. Verifiers are checked both randomly and for specific reasons. This is an integral component of our evaluation process. It helps to ensure that what you have written is an accurate reflection of your experiences.

Most likely they are still checking but this is off the UBC website. 

I've had 2 verifiers call me to say they were contacted over the past couple weeks, I assume more were contacted and just haven't said anything to me.

No idea what this means, and being that it's UBC there's no way to know. Everything is so mysterious about the application process, who can say?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hartk48 said:

and do all invites and rejections come out at the same day? or invites in one day and then rejections come in waves? 

Typically, all rejections come in waves on the Monday, Tuesday is quiet, Wednesday is early deadline invites (except last year when there was no early deadline - it was quiet), and Thursday is regular deadline invites. This has been typical of the last 3 years, but take it with a grain of salt :) Good luck!

On 2017-11-18 at 4:28 PM, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

I'm guessing week of Dec 10. It was around that time last year. 

I was guessing week of Dec 11 too, but I was just browsing the application timelines on the med website and they’ve changed the interview invitations from “early December” to “starting Dec 4”. Looks like it’s earlier this year!

FDD53211-1A57-40E6-B04E-9182117A6519.jpeg

Archived