Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites 2017/2018 cycle

Does anyone know how many interviews they sent out for New Brunswick... I am very nervous about the selection process. I got an interview for MUN and have excellent EC and GPA but my MCAT wasn't so great. Just curious how many people they would have invited for interviews. Thanks!

14 hours ago, codo00191 said:

Does anyone know how many interviews they sent out for New Brunswick... I am very nervous about the selection process. I got an interview for MUN and have excellent EC and GPA but my MCAT wasn't so great. Just curious how many people they would have invited for interviews. Thanks!

It’s somewhere between 30-60. 

They interview ~250 people with about half (maybe more) of that being NL residents and the other half being OOP, NB, PEI, Yukon, and international. 

1 hour ago, MTHFR677 said:

It’s somewhere between 30-60. 

They interview ~250 people with about half (maybe more) of that being NL residents and the other half being OOP, NB, PEI, Yukon, and international. 

Woah 30 minimum for 10 seats... thankfully there’s Dal with 30 seats to relieve some pressure 

49 minutes ago, Peidocwannabe said:

Hey - I haven't received an invite yet. I wrote the mcat Sept 9 so my score release date was only Oct 10. Any chance I will still hear? 

I called them last week and they said that this Friday is the last day to hear back. I wrote mine Sept 9 as well and I haven't heard back either

• 3 months later...

Time Stamp: Nov 16, 12:32 pm AST

Invite: Reject

IP/OOP: OOP (NS resident)

Grade: 90

MCAT: C/P 126; CARS 129; B/B 129; P/S 128 (512)

Essays: Dunno average I guess? Always hard to say from a subjective perspective.

ECs: ~8 years research (7 publications, 2 first authors; conference; various research awards and scholarships), >5 years hospital volunteering, >4 years sighted guide, >2 years tutoring, student societies, hobbies: art, recreational sports, and long distance running

Posting stats for future applicants. Good luck to everyone who interviewed!

Archived