Premed 101 Forums

cGPA vs wGPA

Nobody knows for sure. I think they're assumed to be the same. They will take whatever is higher, and a cGPA of 3.75 probably makes the cutoff. With a Masters degree they are more lenient on your GPA (how much/exactly how that plays out is unknown). As far as your GPA goes, I'd say it's worth it to apply!

• 11 months later...
29 minutes ago, Medenguoft said:

How do you know that they take whatever is higher? I did not read that on their website?

I would think that they use both??

you know because they tell you that is what they do :) They have little reason to otherwise really, and we also know that people who only have the GPA to hit their targets using one or the other formula but not both has in fact gotten interviews. 

Schools when they do tell you want their policies are will be following those policies - it is more than tough enough with what the already have. That also means that if they have a policy (like a last two years one) then you will not be disadvantaged if following that policy is how you hit the GPA total. Rules are rules.   

9 hours ago, Medenguoft said:

How do you know that they take whatever is higher? I did not read that on their website?

I would think that they use both??

"At Queen’s we review the cumulative GPA and 2 year most recent GPA. Whichever of the two is highest is the one associated with the applicant’s application."

This is taken directly from their website.

Archived