Premed 101 Forums

Help for agpa

Hi everyone,

I needed helped with figuring out how the agpa system works. If i have 110 credits by the time i apply, will my worst credits be removed until i have 90 credits left? Or if i have 118 credits done by the time i apply but my first year, also my worst year, has 24 credits total be removed? Or does only apply for 120 credits? 

Thank you!

@YesIcan55 Are you sure that's correct? On the website it states: "In order to have the academic year with the lowest academic average dropped, applicants must have 90 credits with grades remaining by June 1 of the application year. Courses in progress from June 1 onward do not count toward the AGPA."

Meaning if your worst year = 24 credits, you must have at least 114 credits by June 1 in order for those 24 credits to be removed? 

1 hour ago, ssmed said:

@YesIcan55 Are you sure that's correct? On the website it states: "In order to have the academic year with the lowest academic average dropped, applicants must have 90 credits with grades remaining by June 1 of the application year. Courses in progress from June 1 onward do not count toward the AGPA."

Meaning if your worst year = 24 credits, you must have at least 114 credits by June 1 in order for those 24 credits to be removed? 

I believe ssmed is correct. From the demonstration calculations, it appears that if your lowest year is only 24 credits, then you must have at least 114 credits to have those removed.

GSsvu0D.png

Archived