Premed 101 Forums

Chances of an interview

Hey guys,

ive never done something like this before but I genuinely need some input before deciding what to do moving forward. 

My wGPA for both u of t and Western is 3.95.

i just wrote the November DAT and it honestly felt pretty rough (specifically in PAT and RC). 

I’ve done some outside research to gauge what sort of score I need on the DAT (general consensus has it at 20+ Across the board). However, I recognize that with u of t for example, the DAT is only considered as 10% if your preinterview score.

that said, what do you think are the lowest scores I can afford to still get an interview at u of t and at western?

Any input would be very much appreciated. 

I'd suggest looking at past interview stats for UofT to get an idea of what score you need to get an interview with your GPA. My best guess is 20+ AA and 18+ PAT should be enough but you never know (depends on the applicant pool). For UWO, ABS and PS comes into play so GPA and DAT are only two components of the application for the interview. However, you'd need a minimum 19 RC to get an interview at UWO and this year they may look at PAT so their process is changing. Honestly, you should just wait it out now and not fret over it! Last year, there were many people in the same situation who felt PAT/RC were tough and still ended up with good scores to get interviews. I had a 16 PAT and got a decent amount of interviews and acceptances so don't worry!

extremely difficult question to answer because every pool varies slightly. Just sit tight and wait for scores. No use in pondering what you need now :) you did your best and all you can do now is wait for the scores to come out around Christmas time! After you have those, you will know roughly whether or not you will get an interview! take it easy for now.

On November 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM, Super Nova said:

extremely difficult question to answer because every pool varies slightly. Just sit tight and wait for scores. No use in pondering what you need now :) you did your best and all you can do now is wait for the scores to come out around Christmas time! After you have those, you will know roughly whether or not you will get an interview! take it easy for now.

I do understand the psychological need though to figure out the "bar" over which you'd rest easy - makes it easier to gage when you open that envelope - A 3.95 is certainly in the running - I agree with the general 20+ being the "breathing easier" threshold. While you think it went rough - it's truly impossible to gage how you really did - particularly on RC since it's all relative. A 19 RC is still achievable regardless of how you feel right now. Hold your breathe and try to stop worrying until the facts are in now.

Archived