Premed 101 Forums

Accepted, waitlisted, rejected 2017-2018 (actual stats start on P8)

2 hours ago, Comprehensible said:

Did they by any chance mention when OOP (non NB) will be out? I'm guessing early April?

It’s usually on par with the Ontario schools, as far as I know. I know a girl who was accepted last year (from Ontario) and found out after she found out about all the Ontario schools.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Galaxy123 said:

It’s usually on par with the Ontario schools, as far as I know. I know a girl who was accepted last year (from Ontario) and found out after she found out about all the Ontario schools.

That's actually probably a good thing, because it means you don't have to put down a deposit without hearing from all the schools. As much as it'd be nice to find out, it makes sense.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:08 PM, wowzers1 said:

What are the chances they'll send out admission offers earlier than March 6th? 

I was wondering this too. I've heard rumours that they have already decided on the Newfoundland competition. So I don't see why they are holding on until March 6th if that's true. But that could also be completely false lol 

2 hours ago, MemUni said:

I was wondering this too. I've heard rumours that they have already decided on the Newfoundland competition. So I don't see why they are holding on until March 6th if that's true. But that could also be completely false lol 

Heard this too, was pretty surprised about the March 6 date..

1 hour ago, Thecharm said:

Heard this too, was pretty surprised about the March 6 date..

3 hours ago, MemUni said:

Do you mind if I ask where did you guys heard this? I can't help but think they've just said March 6th to have an answer for our pestering, and in reality they'll probably send them off later

Same here. Honestly, even with the new SJT March 6 seems pretty late. More than four months to make decisions for the IP applicants!! Most other schools take about two months with more applicants (at least that is what I have read). Either way, I am probably just going stir crazy waiting for these emails too. My heart jumped out of my chest when I read that someone heard that decisions were made already. But, there is really no way to know I guess. 

1 hour ago, Riemann said:

Same here. Honestly, even with the new SJT March 6 seems pretty late. More than four months to make decisions for the IP applicants!! Most other schools take about two months with more applicants (at least that is what I have read). Either way, I am probably just going stir crazy waiting for these emails too. My heart jumped out of my chest when I read that someone heard that decisions were made already. But, there is really no way to know I guess. 

That SJT is a load of crap and the fact that it’s probably what is pushing the date drives me even more crazy.

19 minutes ago, Intermediate said:

Is it possible that they're trolling us and want to surprise us before March 6?:o

Maybe...? I heard from a second source that they heard from somebody on the admissions committee that the decision of the NL applicants was made last week. So I really have no idea why they would wait until March 6th if they already have that chosen. Last year they found out around this time. Not sure what the point of an extra month is??? I'm wondering if maybe March 6th is the latest possible date of notification (in case of unforeseen circumstances or storms)

On 2/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, MemUni said:

Maybe...? I heard from a second source that they heard from somebody on the admissions committee that the decision of the NL applicants was made last week. So I really have no idea why they would wait until March 6th if they already have that chosen. Last year they found out around this time. Not sure what the point of an extra month is??? I'm wondering if maybe March 6th is the latest possible date of notification (in case of unforeseen circumstances or storms)

Although the decision has been made (possibly), there are administrative steps that must be taken before actually sending out offers of admission, so that's probably the biggest delay at this point. However, based on the past, it seems like they send out offers earlier than what the admissions office tells everyone when asked. 

4 hours ago, Riemann said:

I second that @MemUni. Although it might be a long shot, I am really praying it is going to be this week! 

4 hours ago, MemUni said:

A part of me is still holding out hope for this week lol. I understand its a long process, but trying to be patient is so freakin hard!!!

It's a nice thought... 

Archived