Premed 101 Forums

22 minutes ago, OThopeful18 said:

Omg. My GPA is 3.76 and I didn't even make the waitlist cut :o how does McMaster decide their ranking?

I have no idea tbh. I have a bunch of research experience; currently working on my honours thesis with clinical populations: stroke and PD. My research is very OT based. I also did an internship all last summer (4months, 25h/week) working under an OT. Maybe I have somewhat more experience? 

Edit: just saw your original post. I have no idea how they make their decisions ... :( 

33 minutes ago, Doglover123 said:

Waitlisted for OT mcmasters :( 

does anyone know how to check which number I am? 

I also have a sGPA of 3.75. Do you think I’ll have a chance of getting the interview ?

I am also wait listed for OT McMasters. I sent a reply to the email that sent out the wait list e-mail to inquire what position I was on and they sent back a response. You could try to do the same as well.

My sGPA is at 3.74 and I'm #60 on the list. :( I don't know how much or how quickly the wait list fluctuates.

13 minutes ago, Doglover123 said:

I have no idea tbh. I have a bunch of research experience; currently working on my honours thesis with clinical populations: stroke and PD. My research is very OT based. I also did an internship all last summer (4months, 25h/week) working under an OT. Maybe I have somewhat more experience? 

I thougt McMaster was strickly GPA based when deciding ranking. I have over 4000 hrs working with special needs children. I don't know what more I can do to boost my chances. I still have few more schools to hear back from. Fingers crossed. All the best to you.

11 minutes ago, LoveOT said:

I am also wait listed for OT McMasters. I sent a reply to the email that sent out the wait list e-mail to inquire what position I was on and they sent back a response. You could try to do the same as well.

My sGPA is at 3.74 and I'm #60 on the list. :( I don't know how much or how quickly the wait list fluctuates.

Thank you! I just sent them an email. Hopefully we both end up getting an interview ! 

12 minutes ago, OThopeful18 said:

I thougt McMaster was strickly GPA based when deciding ranking. I have over 4000 hrs working with special needs children. I don't know what more I can do to boost my chances. I still have few more schools to hear back from. Fingers crossed. All the best to you.

I just saw your original post. I’m not sure at all at how they decide :( good luck with the other schools! 

1 hour ago, LoveOT said:

Update: I just got an waitlist offer. 

Applied: McMaster, Western, McGill, UofA (all OT) 
Accepted: McMaster, Western, UofA, McGill - interview
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: cGPA - 3.61, sGPA - 3.83 (from ORPAS) 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong personal statements, one very strong (work) reference (the second, academic reference, mediocre), 1+ years volunteer & work experience in a pediatric OT clinic, working closely with children with special needs. Unsure as to how interview(s) will go.  

On 3/17/2018 at 1:33 AM, cbean94 said:

Applied: McMaster, Western, McGill, UofA (all OT) 
Accepted: McMaster - interview 
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA: cGPA - 3.61, sGPA - 3.83 (from ORPAS) 
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Strong personal statements, one very strong (work) reference (the second, academic reference, mediocre), 1+ years volunteer & work experience in a pediatric OT clinic, working closely with children with special needs. Unsure as to how interview(s) will go.  

Congrats on getting an interview! Is your interview scheduled on Friday or Saturday (I got Friday). I'm also on the hunt for some MMI resources.

Applied: UofT PT, Queens PT, Western PT, Mac OT

Accepted: UofT, Queens, Western, Mac

Interviews: Mac, UofT

Waitlist:

Rejected:

sGPA: 3.89

Have worked in ergonomics and research. Also volunteered in pt clinic. I’ve got a few relevant publications so I hope that has some weight. References are both high level profs.

Will be accepting either Toronto or queens

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT = UofT, McMaster, OT= McMaster
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
GPA (cum and sub if you applied to any University using them both): cGPA = 3.66; sGPA = 3.94
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

Did not have to do any essays for the schools/programs I applied to. I think I did OK on the Mac PT Kira interview. Got an invite to Mac OT MMI, still waiting to hear from UofT PT. I have a strong academic reference and professional reference as well (I graduated last year and work full time now). I do not have any PT/OT-related extracurriculars, as my interest was in Dentistry to start with (I don't have volunteer experience working with a PT/OT, my undergrad research was dent-focused). 

5 hours ago, Happyness said:

No nothing yet for me. I feel like we will here back on Friday though. Does OT give offers out this early for Dalhousie ?

I feel friday coming for physio interviews will come out... was offered it March 24 of last year on a Friday as well.

OT for Dal the first day of offers was March 28 (Tuesday) of last year (I didn't apply for OT last year but my friends got offered then)

47 minutes ago, Ryan_Kin2017 said:

I feel friday coming for physio interviews will come out... was offered it March 24 of last year on a Friday as well.

OT for Dal the first day of offers was March 28 (Tuesday) of last year (I didn't apply for OT last year but my friends got offered then)

Thanks for the heads up. I applied for OT and PT. When was the last day to make a decision for OT if you can remember?