Premed 101 Forums

2018 CaRMS Interview -- DISCUSSION

MDLaval

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to University of Ottawa FM does anyone know if everyone who receives an invite gets an interview? I am currently on the waitlist after receiving an offer with the first batch, yet have heard nothing from them since ranking my preferred interview times.

Kind of worried as I did not receive many offers for interviews overall

On 1/2/2018 at 7:45 PM, moonwalker2099 said:

thoughts of emailing program coordinators for reconsideration ?? Was thinking about doing this  Frowned upon? Has it worked?

In the US it is common to reach out to programs who have passed you over. This is from the student affairs team at my school (in the US).

"If there is program or two that you still haven't heard from but you are super interested in [...] It is best to contact the secretary who does the scheduling, rather than the Program Director, most of the time.  A brief explanation why you are interested and state that you are willing to be called with short notice can sometimes yield an extra interview or two."

On 2018-01-02 at 0:03 PM, Pedshopeful2018 said:

Heard from U of S, nothing from Western 

On 2018-01-02 at 2:53 PM, M0118 said:

For your rejection from Manitoba (peds), did they mention anything about putting you on a waitlist?

No they didn't mention about waitlist .. . it just informed that you won't be offered interview.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:10 PM, 2018hopeful said:

With regards to University of Ottawa FM does anyone know if everyone who receives an invite gets an interview? I am currently on the waitlist after receiving an offer with the first batch, yet have heard nothing from them since ranking my preferred interview times.

Kind of worried as I did not receive many offers for interviews overall

I am confused. If you are waitlisted (i.e. not invited YET; not offered YET), you can still pick a potential preferred interview timeslot, but they will only contact you when a spot frees up. It also depends on your rank on their waitlist. Contact the program for more details.

Hey has anybody heard from USask family? They told me they sent out one set of interviews in December but radio silence since. My sister got an interview there so it would be nice to go; I applied to both Regina and Saskatoon and am a bit surprised that I didn't receive a FM from either one as I didn't imagine they were competitive

On 2018-01-08 at 2:25 PM, bluebeary said:

Hey has anybody heard from USask family? They told me they sent out one set of interviews in December but radio silence since. My sister got an interview there so it would be nice to go; I applied to both Regina and Saskatoon and am a bit surprised that I didn't receive a FM from either one as I didn't imagine they were competitive

When I emailed they told me all invites have been sent out. If you didn't receive one you were rejected 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, qszwdxefc said:

Out of curiosity, do R1's or R2's help with the file review/interviewing for family med programs?

R1's and R2's are definitely involved in interviewing in FM programs, pretty much every FM interview will involve a resident. Not sure about file review, especially since the extent of file review in FM applications can be fairly minimal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived