• Created
  • Last Reply

Rejected. 

TIME STAMP: 5:12 pm PST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Regrets
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular
AGPA (if applicable): N/A
MCAT: 508
ECs: Mix of longterm and short term. Good diversity (I thought). 
Geography: IP
NAQ: 23. 98
AQ: 17.43

TFR: 41.41

Feeling surreal and probably not in the most positive way. This was my first time applying and I know my GPA is on the lower side (82%) compared to the pool, but I always just kinda hoped to be that outlier, you know? Guess there's nothing to do besides try again. Good luck to the rest of you patient souls. 

Guess I'll try next year. :/

My GPA is kinda low, so I'm not too surprised, but pretty sad to see how far below average my NAQs are. 

TIME STAMP: 5:12 PST
OGPA: 82%
MCAT: 517
ECs: Varied, Computer Science (programming), hospital volunteering, long-running club executive
Current Degree: BSc (3rd year)
Geography: In province
NAQ: 17.86
AQ: 17.62

TFR: 35.48

5 minutes ago, BalkanRelations said:

Yeah just got an OOP rejection - damn my NAQ score was shockingly low. Always thought my EC's were pretty good - I'll have to do some thinking to figure out what that is about. 

Remember that your NAQ score is in context of a hypercompetitive applicant pool of medical students, and can vary depending on how you express your achievements and who reviews them. 

Dont think you're ECs are "bad" or anything like that, its just a subjective process. But at least you know where you can "improve". 

TIME STAMP: 8:11 PM EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Regrets 
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular 
AGPA (if applicable): 92.16
MCAT: 514
ECs: 2 publications, more research, mission trip, doctor shadowing, research competition provincial finalist, president of 3 clubs, volunteering with at-risk children, nursing home volunteering, 3 jobs, second language, etc. 
Current Degree: Biomedical Science 
Geography: OOP
NAQ: 24.01
AQ: 34.17

TFR: 58.18

3 minutes ago, ssmed said:

Rejected. 

TIME STAMP: 5:12 pm
AGPA (if applicable): N/A
MCAT: 508
ECs: Mix of longterm and short term. Good diversity (I thought). 
NAQ: 23. 98
AQ: 17.43

TFR: 41.41

Feeling surreal and probably not in the most positive way. This was my first time applying and I know my GPA is on the lower side (82%) compared to the pool, but I always just kinda hoped to be that outlier, you know? Guess there's nothing to do besides try again. Good luck to the rest of you patient souls. 

Keep working, your NAQ is already pretty good, but youll need to continue and take time to improve it further over the years. You can get in with your "low" GPA, but youll need to get that NAQ up to 30+.  Look and see if taking more courses would make an appreciable difference.

8 minutes ago, arsi7 said:

TIME STAMP: 8:11 PM EST
Interview Invite or Regrets: Regrets 
Early or Regular Deadline: Regular 
AGPA (if applicable): 92.16
MCAT: 514
ECs: 2 publications, more research, mission trip, doctor shadowing, research competition provincial finalist, president of 3 clubs, volunteering with at-risk children, nursing home volunteering, 3 jobs, second language, etc. 
Current Degree: Biomedical Science 
NAQ: 24.01
AQ: 34.17

TFR: 58.18

Don't the interim stats say that candidates with "a total file review score of 51.67/100 or more were invited to interview"? 

Edit: Sorry guys, I totally missed the fact OP is OOP. 

TIME STAMP: 5:12PM
AGPA (if applicable): 84.02% 
MCAT: 127/128/129/126/510
ECs: Camp counsellor, 700 hours hospital/care home volunteering, music, research, NSERC, summer jobs.
Current Degree: In my 4th year
NAQ: 23.42
AQ: 20.91

TFR: 44.33

Wasn't really expecting an interview this year, since my first year GPA was rough, but it's nice to know where I'm at, and where I can improve. I'll probably rewrite my NAQ, and add a few more things from this year. Might rewrite my MCAT this summer.

Here you go guys - my bad

TIME STAMP: 8:11 EST
AGPA (if applicable): 88.58
MCAT: 517
ECs: Pretty strong I thought - maybe not afterall ahah?
Current Degree: H.Bsc (graduating year)
NAQ: 10.30
AQ: 28.34

TFR: 38.64

Throught it was kind of a long shot with my GPA but damn I am shocked by that low NAQ. 

Archived