Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Dates?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but the actual interview dates (not the date they're released) are the following, acording to Diane Parent:

• Feb 23rd 2018
  • Feb 24th 2018
  • Feb 28th 2018
  • March 3rd 2018
  • March 9th 2018
  • March 20th 2018
  • March 23rd 2018
  • March 26th 2018
  • March 28th 2018

• 2 weeks later...

1. Does Ottawa normally reserve the first few dates for the French stream?

2. Does Ottawa normally accommodate interview date changes if the assigned date conflicts with another medical school interview? Last year in their email they said: "changes will only be made in extenuating circumstances". Is another interview considered an 'extenuating circumstance'? 

14 minutes ago, Heisenberg_ said:

1. Does Ottawa normally reserve the first few dates for the French stream?

2. Does Ottawa normally accommodate interview date changes if the assigned date conflicts with another medical school interview? Last year in their email they said: "changes will only be made in extenuating circumstances". Is another interview considered an 'extenuating circumstance'? 

1) I will let @Donald_Duck answer that one, as I believe he would likely have better knowledge than I do.

2) I believe that is considered an extenuating circumstance.

Hey Heisenberg,

There are no dates reserved for french stream. As someone else pointed out, there are typically 2 interview rooms reserved for french stream candidates and then a lot more rooms (I think 6-8 rooms) reserved for English stream candidates. As you said they will start right from the first date and should finish before the last interview dates. I remember one year they started calling extra candidates to come in at the very last dates but that is exceptional. The interview dates between french and English streams are hence the same. They will span approximately the same amount in terms of last interview date (maybe finish 1-2 days before, but I know for sure there are some in mid march).

If your interview date is the same between 2 universities I am positive they will accommodate that for you.

Mr Duck

On 2018-01-26 at 6:19 PM, Donald_Duck said:

Hey Heisenberg,

There are no dates reserved for french stream. As someone else pointed out, there are typically 2 interview rooms reserved for french stream candidates and then a lot more rooms (I think 6-8 rooms) reserved for English stream candidates. As you said they will start right from the first date and should finish before the last interview dates. I remember one year they started calling extra candidates to come in at the very last dates but that is exceptional. The interview dates between french and English streams are hence the same. They will span approximately the same amount in terms of last interview date (maybe finish 1-2 days before, but I know for sure there are some in mid march).

If your interview date is the same between 2 universities I am positive they will accommodate that for you.

Mr Duck

What if they are one day apart in opposite sides of the country? My Ottawa interview is March 3rd and Calgary is March 4th at 9am. The flights back to Calgary on March 3rd won’t even get me there before midnight. I’d be sleep deprived :( I just sent an email politely asking for a reschedule, do you think they’ll accommodate?

Archived