Premed 101 Forums

Chances @ U of T dental school

1 hour ago, WE WUZ KANGZ said:

This is you 

Middle .jpg

if you dont have anything insightful to say, why do you answer anyway?

I know ur already a dent. student, but many of us here are really looking for some helpful advice so it would be nice to get that instead of that weird pic lol. Just saying....

17 minutes ago, Driillzz said:

I know ur already a dent. student, but many of us here are really looking for some helpful advice so it would be nice to get that instead of a meaningless answer such as yours above. Just saying....

I literally just gave him a proper answer. He's middle of the pack. He has a good chance since a lot of the class is chosen from there. Interview should be important for him and make or break him. Idk what he was expecting but his GPA is great, his scores are okay. I don't think I need to spell everything out considering we're all grown adults and can figure things out on our own or ask for an explanation if needed. But oh look you're not OP so if he understands what I was trying to say it really doesn't matter does it. Just saying... If you have any questions about how to prepare, interview process, etc just lmk op

3 hours ago, Driillzz said:

I know ur already a dent. student, but many of us here are really looking for some helpful advice so it would be nice to get that instead of that weird pic lol. Just saying....

As someone directly involved in the interview process, I would not only lighten up a bit but also be a bit careful with your tact which may come off as a red flag on interview day.

So my understanding is if you are applying in your fourth year they look at your last 3 years gpa for interview selection and then they drop your lowest year for admission selection. Does that mean you have to send them an updated transcript post interviews or how does it work? 

22 hours ago, ysoNaCly said:

So my understanding is if you are applying in your fourth year they look at your last 3 years gpa for interview selection and then they drop your lowest year for admission selection. Does that mean you have to send them an updated transcript post interviews or how does it work? 

They drop as long as your lowest year isn't your most recent. Otherwise they will take all 3 years for GPA calculation.

They will ask for transcripts post-interview should you receive an offer so that you can meet their conditional offer.

1 minute ago, Steins;Gate said:

They drop as long as your lowest year isn't your most recent. Otherwise they will take all 3 years for GPA calculation.

They will ask for transcripts post-interview should you receive an offer so that you can meet their conditional offer.

do they drop your lowest year if your still only in 4th year? I thought they only dropped it after you completed 4 or more years 

8 minutes ago, Fakedoctor said:

do they drop your lowest year if your still only in 4th year? I thought they only dropped it after you completed 4 or more years 

They drop your worst year as long as you will complete your 4th year by May/June of the year you seek admittance for (check the site for specific date - so for this application cycle it would be for May/June 2018), and as long as your most recently completed year is not your worst year

31 minutes ago, Steins;Gate said:

Longhaul is correct. For example, I applied as a 4th year and my 2nd year (my worst year) was dropped. Summer courses in the term immediately after the academic year also count as part of the same year.

Sorry to be annoying, but to clarify does this mean if you're currently in 4th year and your most recent completed year (3rd) is not your lowest then they will drop your worst year and calculate your average from the other 2 years? My worst year is also my second year, does this mean my GPA for UofT is actually the average between my 1st and 3rd year? Also, are averages rounded up? Thanks again. 

11 minutes ago, ysoNaCly said:

Sorry to be annoying, but to clarify does this mean if you're currently in 4th year and your most recent completed year (3rd) is not your lowest then they will drop your worst year and calculate your average from the other 2 years? My worst year is also my second year, does this mean my GPA for UofT is actually the average between my 1st and 3rd year? Also, are averages rounded up? Thanks again. 

You got it! Averages should be rounded to the nearest hundredth. 

Archived