Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Interview Invites/regrets 2017/2018

kiterunner

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Premedstudent0307 said:

does anyone know if NTP applicants receive interviews same day as regular applicants? 

According to their website, yes.

https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/key-dates

NTPs receive invites at the same time as IP, OOP, IMGs but their actual interview dates are not together.  NTP interviews are in April along with the CEGEP applicants.

4 minutes ago, kiterunner said:

TIME STAMP: December 20, 2017
Result: Invite!! :) 
wGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 131/131/131/132: 525 total
ECs: volunteering at a hospital, no research, no clinical-related experiences
Year: finished masters in management in 2017

IP/OOP/International: INTL

Letter of EC: No

Oh my god I got a heart attack lmao then saw that you were INTL hahaha

Congrats (and holy shit that MCAT)!!!

• 2 weeks later...

TIME STAMP: 9:58am (time checked on Minerva)
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.98
MCAT: -
ECs: volunteering+++, research (published papers), multiple jobs, various interests.
Year: 1st yr MSc

IP/OOP/International: IP

Good luck to all :) And remember, it's never over. It took me soooo long to get 1 interview last year, but it is possible when you have faith and you put your heart into what you do. 

15 minutes ago, liveyourdream said:

ECs: volunteering+++, research (published papers), multiple jobs, various interests.

Good luck to all :) And remember, it's never over. It took me soooo long to get 1 interview last year, but it is possible when you have faith and you put your heart into what you do. 

Congrats!!! you deserve it!! did everyone get an invite/rejection? I don’t see anything on minerva yet

Hello everyone!

If it can help you.

• IP/OOP/International: IP

• Letter of EC: No

• TIME STAMP : 10h00 AM

• Result : Invite
  • wGPA : 3.8 GPA
  • MCAT : no
  • ECs : some related and some non-related to medicine, I just pursued my passions and got involved in what I believe in
  • Years : 2 B.Sc. + 1 M.Sc.
  • Result : Invited
  • Minerva status : Further Review Required
  • Minerva checklist : An interview date appeared

It must be a very hard time for people that are anxiously waiting and refreshing the page since weeks.
All I can tell you is : never give up, never ever.
Learn from any situation but never allow yourself to give up.

Refusée :( 

Date Stamp: 24-01-2018 checked at 10:40am
wGPA: 3.6 
Degree: M.Sc. (now 2nd year of PhD)
ECs: Lots of research during undergrad. 1 publication 1st author, 3 publications as co-author, scholarships for undergrad, masters and PhD, Student associations during MSc and PhD, short experience (2-3 months full time) as a secretary in a dental office, watercolor and painting as a hobby and illustrated a novel.

Casper: no idea, but I guess not good since I was invited last year but maybe it was fine and it's because they removed the personal statement which I think was a strong point for me

TIME STAMP: 10:50
Result: Reject
wGPA: 3.88
MCAT: no
ECs: Pretty avg with a few trips abroad, sports, volunteering, bit of research, etc. 
Year: Graduated UG in 2017

IP

Pretty gutted tbh but got an interview for dent and waiting for french schools

5 minutes ago, ginster said:

TIME STAMP: 10:50
wGPA: 3.88
MCAT: no
ECs: Pretty avg with a few trips abroad, sports, volunteering, bit of research, etc. 
Year: Graduated UG in 2017

IP

Pretty gutted tbh but got an interview for dent and waiting for french schools

Dentistry at McGill?

TIME STAMP: 10:44 am
wGPA: 3.68
MCAT: N/A
ECs: Focused mainly on: lots of research (1 first author paper, several co-author papers), pharmacy tech for 5 years, and some other things (cofounded business startup, TA, varsity sport, research awards, academic prizes, etc.)
Year: PhD (yr 2)

CASPer: I thought I did so poorly that I was not surprised about the refusal.  I ran out of time on a lot of sections (at least 3 scenarios where 3rd question was left blank, plus a couple of others where I only managed to scribble some words).  I also had an incident...lost internet connection for 15 minutes halfway through it, that was fun.

Like I said, not surprised about refusal, given my lower wGPA, I knew I had to perform well on CASPer.  I think my ECs are alright (actually probably lacking a bit in the community service department too). Definitely have to practice the CASPer "format" for next year.

39 minutes ago, liveyourdream said:

Good job ma truite ;)

Archived