Year: finished masters

IP/OOP/International: OOP

Letter of EC: No

Those MCAT scores... :0

TIME STAMP: 
Result: Reject
wGPA: 3.91
MCAT: 527 
ECs: Some research, some volunteering, checked all the boxes but not that special
Year: finished UG

Not surprised, GPA could've been higher and i think i really blew it on my CASPER cause no mac II

TIME STAMP: around 10:45 am when I checked Minerva
Result: Invite
wGPA: 3.97
MCAT: not submitted
ECs: nothing spectacular, currently working 3 jobs in retail,tutoring,lifeguarding. Internships in pharmaceutical companies. I was also an athlete at a competitive level for 12 years.
Year: completed my UG in 2016. Currently completing another degree

IP/OOP/International: IP

CASPER: hard to tell? I went through every scenario with friends this week as I was second guessing my answers and freaking out about invites being sent out this week

currently sobbing, congrats to everybody!

Result: Reviewed - Decision Pending
wGPA: 3.85
MCAT: no
ECs: About average to somewhat under average I would guess. Not a lot of clinical stuff, mostly other activities. Spent a lot of time writing the CV to detail my experiences.
Year: PhD

IP/OOP/International: IP-NTP

CASPER: No idea.

I do not understand how the wait-listed pre interview works. Does anyone know how it works?

Just now, SpeedyPotato said:

I'm still waiting too and although it is random, I still don't feel like this is a good sign. Last year, I got my rejection at 3-4 pm.

I feel like they sent out more rejections than invites so far just based on what I'm seeing on the forums. Last year, I remember the whole morning was filled with invite posts and then the rejections came in the afternoon. Maybe they switched things up this year? I could also be way off. Basically useless theorizing lol

1 minute ago, Soon2BeMD said:

I feel like they sent out more rejections than invites so far just based on what I'm seeing on the forums. Last year, I remember the whole morning was filled with invite posts and then the rejections came in the afternoon. Maybe they switched things up this year? I could also be way off. Basically useless theorizing lol

I'd like this crazy theory of yours to be true believe me ;) it's my 5th year applying and I can't get my hopes up cause I know how hard I crash after

Result: Invite MD/PhD
wGPA: 3.87
MCAT: no
ECs: Research, got a paper published, volunteering, on a couple sports teams, was on the exec for one of them, lots of pharmacy work in both the hospital and community setting
Year: Finished BSc, currently finishing a pharmacy degree

CASPER: I guess good enough to get an interview. I did have trouble finishing the third question for a couple of them. 

TIME STAMP: Checked around 2 45 pm
Result: Invite
wGPA: 4.00
MCAT: 519 submitted not sure if they care?
ECs: Varsity sport, 2 first author publications, 2 first author in revision, lots of volunteering and teaching.
Year: 2nd Yr MSc.

Letter of EC: 

Casper: Tried to write detailed responses, practiced a lot. 

So so so grateful about this one! 

TIME STAMP: just checked now around 3:30pm
Result: Invite!!!! :D
cGPA: 3.62 (due to 1st year GPA, but over ~3.9 in last 3 years of undergrad - I submitted letter of EC)
ECs: sports, lots of clinical volunteering/work, fundraising, MSc award, multiple publications (1 first author ), worked in research lab 1.5 years
Year: MSc completed

IP/OOP/International: IP NTP

Letter of EC:  yes 

Casper: Didn't feel that great about it but I guess I didnt do too bad! Before the test I wrote down my significant life experiences and what they taught me/how i responded, to be able to answer some of the questions faster...

15 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

Don't give up guys, just got an invite at 3:45 pm. I'll post my stats later but just to let you know that it's not over if you haven't heard back yet!

18 minutes ago, SpeedyPotato said:

Don't give up guys, just got an invite at 3:45 pm. I'll post my stats later but just to let you know that it's not over if you haven't heard back yet!

Congrats! your determination is remarkable. You can be proud of yourself. 

TIME STAMP: 1430h
Result: Invite!!!! 
wGPA: 4.00
MCAT: Not submitted
ECs: first author on 3 journal paper and first author and presenter on around 19 abstracts, volunteer in africa, cancer centre volunteer, research group mentor and manager, and athletics etc. 
Year: 1st undergraduate degree (2015): cGPA 2.2, second degree: cGPA : 4.0 and graduating in april. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it is an uphill battle until we get than admission letter.  

TIME STAMP: roughly 11:00am
Result: Refused
wGPA: 3.35 (pharmacy); 3.87 (U2 of B.Sc., which means this gpa was not taken into consideration)
ECs: Pharmacist since 2016; clinical rotations in many McGill hospitals during pharmacy degree.
Year: Graduated from 1st undergrad in 2016

TIME STAMP: 
Result: Rejected
wGPA: 4.0
MCAT: 516
ECs: 3 years in a research lab, volunteer at a hospital, volunteer at a centre for children with autism, mentored 2 years during UG, tutor for 5+ years, pretty standard stuff. 
Year: finished UG in 2017 

IP/OOP/International: OOP (Ontario)

Casper: mediocre

Refused :(, but got a DMD invite. 'Tis life.
wGPA: 3.99
MCAT: 514
ECs: lots of work, some volunteering, club involvement, awards, and research. My GPA definitely put me down as I am comparing it to the results received from admissions last year (170th of 720ish). Only invite top 51 overall score last year I think?
Year: finished UG in 2016 

IP/OOP/International: OOP (Ontario)

Casper: I enjoyed it, tried to explore options and chose one that I thought was rational and well defended.

Archived